Oct 22, 2005

Taking my breath away

There are moments as a mom that take me completely by surprise. I am busy doing my every day normal stuff and she will do something that just takes my breath away. Now some days it is as simple as she tells me she has a secret and when I lean in she whispers she loves me in my ears. Other days, it is something a little more dramatic.

I'll never forget walking with Prince Charming and Notsosnowwhite while she sang happily in the stroller. Her little girl voice carrying out over ours in that carefree way that I love. Suddenly we all stop talking at once. As we listen, we realize that she is singing the alphabet, all by herself, unassisted, of her own free will. We walk together, holding our breath, looking at each other in wonder. Questions pass silently through our minds "Will she actually do the whole thing?" and "Did you know she could do that?". When she finished the whole thing, we were so exciting, yelling and clapping and celebrating on the side of the road. We must have been a sight to see.

Last night, she climbed up into my arms with "Touch and Feel Kitten" also known as "The Kitty Book" in her hands. I settled into read the book, yet again. When she started to say the words on the first page and then turning the pages and reciting each page. She had them all memorized!!!! I was so impressed. Afterwards she climbed into her daddy's arms and "read" him "The Hungry Caterpillar" She had it memorized and recited the book for him! It is ssooooo cute. We all sat mesmerised as she recited a book we all knew by heart. I was so proud my heart filled up and I swear I floated over to the computer to blog it!

There are days when she does something new and wonderful, she just takes my breath away.

No comments:

Twitter