Oct 17, 2005

A Twisted Meme

Okay, Julie tagged me but I have already done this particular tag so I gave it a little twist and I'll give it a whirl! So here goes:

Ten months ago I was . . . working for the province of Nova Scotia helping to process requests for the fuel rebate. It was an interesting insight into a government office. I have never seen an office more disorganized in my entire life. Mail came in in boxes and boxes. It was sorted through at random moments and put back into boxes and boxes. Nothing ever got filed in the entire process and if two parts of your mail ever got disconnected you have very little chance of it ever coming back together again. My job was to call people who hadn't submitted all the required info. I took all my boxes and boxes of applications and piled them up in chronological order of application date that matched the date of the applicant once they got it on the computer. That way their application was always at hand.

Five months ago I had just moved here to Gander. I was optimistic work was just around the corner and that everything was going to work out perfectly. I had a nice house to live in, I was making friends. And it all looked great.

One month ago, we had just come to the conclusion that as much as we hated to admit it, it wasn't going to work here. I could honestly say that moving here was a mistake and I hated to admit that. Of all of my moves this is the first one that I completely regret. I hated the idea of moving again, but we talked it through and realized that the work was just no longer here and without it we couldn't make it here on our own. We decided to move closer to a better support system where we don't always feel like we sink or swim all on our own, where we don't feel so isolated.

Yesterday I was . . . packing up a few of my remaining things that are unpacked. I sorted through the Little Princesses stuff and getting rid of toys that are too old and not played with anymore.

You can see through this that the last year has been remarkably move oriented. And I hate it. We have decided that come what may, this is it. Work or no work we are staying where we are once we get there. We will have family there. My little princess will be able to go to the same school her daddy went to. She will be close to her grandparents and will have the opportunity to get to really know what a treasure having them close by is. This is a good move, if only I can get a house lined up. I will hear something this week, I hope.

No comments:

Twitter