Oct 16, 2005

Well it is early Sunday morning. The rain is pouring and the world looks grey and dreary. I am doing well. I managed to pack up most of my stuff into those 30 boxes for the movers. I am going to call them and find out what happens if they are really heavy boxes or if I have an extra one or two. All in all, I am proud of me for narrowing my stuff down so much. I look on it as a clean slate, I get to get settled and work on getting stuff for my new place.

I am concentrating on not worrying over getting a house for the weekend. I won't hear anything until at least Tuesday, and until then I am not going to worry. I am not going to panic that I am moving a mere week after that. I am going go ahead and operate under the assumption that we got that place and hope for the best. Maybe the power of positive thinking will help.

In the meantime, life is good. I am as sore as heck from all the packing, discovering muscles I didn't know I had. The little princess is watching a show called "Mighty Machines" quite happily and I am too tired and sore to bother to try to do something better with her right now. Hey, she is fed and dressed and happy, so that is not too bad, right. (as I say this, I quietly vow that after my move, we will spend more quality time together that does not involve, boxes, computers, televisions, cooking or cleaning!)

I just took a little break to draw a picture at her request. I love her love of drawing and reading. She is so industrious as she concentrates on getting it just right. Ahh she just makes me smile.

Anyway, nothing really to report for this Sunday. I have just made a few decisions. I am not going to worry. I am going to concentrate on getting this done, on getting a house, on spending time with the Little Princess, on saying good bye to my best friend, and on being a good mom. Everything else will just have to come with time. I can't fix those things over which I have no control.

No comments:

Twitter