Soooo . . . tell me how did you guys do with your resolutions so far this year? How long did they last? Are you still working on them? Or have you stopped making them?
Here were mine:
January 1, 2006 -- HAPPY NEW YEAR!
So this is the new year. Have you made any resolutions? I have made decisions, instead of resolutions. I have decided:
1. I need to get my weight under control.
2. I need to NOT obsess about it. I need to learn to have a healthy outlook on my food consumption.
3. I need to keep up with my regular schedule of cleaning. And, barring my Christmas season laxness/business, I have been doing really well.
4. I need to concentrate on getting out of the house at least 3 times a week all winter long. Even if it is only to Grandma Great's house.
5. I need to concentrate on being a good freind, a good mother, and a good wife. I sometimes feel like I can't seem to juggle all of these at once. I need to be good to the people I care about. They are the ones who make my world complete. They do so much for me, the least I can do is return the favor.
What are your resolutions?
So here is my update:
1. I have done amazingingly well. Here is my before Picture and here is my current Picture. I have lost 41 lbs and I am only halfway there.
2. I have managed to do this right this time. I haven't given in to my usual path or obsession and eating disorders and I haven't given up. I am viewing this a way to get to a healthier me.
3. Cleaning my house, while that is always a pain in my patootie, I have to say that I am proud to announce that my house is almost always company respectable. You know, in the state that if someone drops by unexpectedly I am not humiliated and embarressed that I am such a bad housekeeper.
4. I don't always go very far but I generally do get out of the house three times a week even if it just to go next door to my neighbour's house. The Little Princess gets outside most every day and she has a little color in her cheeks for the first time in her life.
5. I am really trying to be a good freind, a good mother, and a good wife. I find that it is easier now that I am happier. I am really concentrating on spending time with the Little Princess, on teaching her and enjoying her. I am concentrating on going out of my comfort zone to be a good friend. Step outside myself and visit, and talk and offer to help if I can. And I am concentrating on being a good wife. On being a good comunicator and on just knowing how lucky I really am.