Jul 25, 2006

If I tell you I'm getting ahead . . . smack me!

If I ever mention that I may be getting a little extra money, smack me in the back of the head and remind that every silver lining brings a great big cloud. I got a little money last week and I decided to stock up on little princess groceries, you know all those things that only she eats and that guarrentee that on a food fast day, she will indeed eat something. But I should have known, that even thinking I would have money to get food last week and again this week (our regular grocery day) was a crime against nature. I am not allowed to get ahead. No, not me. I am doomed to be that person treading water desperately while a cruise ship floats by and everyone on board waves at me and says hi as they go right on past.

We did get extra money last week but then Prince Charming's school gives a call and says you know those books you were planning on getting next month? Well we decided that you have to get the whole semester's books right now or we are going to send them back to the publisher. We don't care that you can't do the course without them. We don't care that you have no where else to get them. We want you to buy them and we want you to buy them all right now. All $300 worth! So there it is. My dream of having extra money just floats out the window and all that getting ahead I was doing, was transformed into desperate penny pinching yet again.

Such is my life. I am destined to be the person who is almost caught up but never quite gets there. Always running out of money before I run out of week. Never any nuts stored up for winter.

Oh, I have to go, because the Little Princess is pouring water all over her lunch and all over the floor. For no reason at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jeez! I hate it when things like this happen. Can you complain to anyone. And, if you did would it matter?

Try to stay positive!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, yeah, it is Murphy'a law, I am telling ya. I have an ongoing battle with him all the time!

Twitter