Jul 14, 2006

My inner fat chick does the shopping

As I looked through the racks an inner voice was speaking to me, "Don't try it on unless you are pretty sure it is going to fit."

There is nothing so depressing as trying on racks and racks of clothes that are all too small. And as I looked at things I heard, "You shouldn't be looking in the normal section, you should be looking in the fat girl section where they make shapeless monster sized t-shirts that are bound to fit because they would fit a small elephant."

I would touch a pair of fancy schmancy underwear and my thought process was, "Now how would you feel if you brought those home and they were too small??" I tell you what, shopping would be a lot more fun if I could shut up that fat b*tch in my head.

Just for the record, I came home with some underwear, some holefree shoes, and some makeup to replace the makeup that the little princess destroyed 8 months ago.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you...I'm glad you bought something!

Anonymous said...

i totally agree, sometimes when I go shopping, I first look at the size of the dress and then imagine myself in it and was sure I could fit, but when I brought it in the dressing room to see how it looks on me...it didn't look too good because it usually covers me like another layer...

Anonymous said...

I usually shut my inner fat girl up with a cookie at the mall. :)

Anonymous said...

AWWW.... That's my problem especially now that I gained a lot of weight. Thanks for stopping by, TC. really appreciate your concern. I'm doing ok now. Love reading your stuff. Beth :)

Anonymous said...

I hear you! SInce I gained weight I hate to even think about the idea of shopping. TO make things worse a good friend is loosing weight and now I'm jeliuos!

Twitter