Aug 31, 2006

SHE'S COMING, SHE'S COMING, SHE'S COMING, SHE'LL SOON BE HERE!!



Notsosnowwhite is coming to town. I am like a little girl at Christmas awaiting the arrival of Santa Claus. I have really been longing for a couple of days with my friend. It is funny because we don't do anything spectacular most of the time, we sit and drink coffee and chat, we laugh at our favorite shows and obsess over who we think should win or lose, we talk about life, work, kids, everything. We have nothing in common at the surface. She is a single working woman with a roommate whom she loves but drives her crazy and I am a stay-at-home mom and wife. But what we do have in common is our personalities. She is who I would be if I were a single working woman. We both have weight struggles, we both like and dislike a lot of the same things. We both love my daughter more than life itself and we would both walk on hot coals to help each other or Prince Charming. She is the sister my mother never gave birth too. And today . . . she is coming to town for at least four days. I am thrilled beyond thrilled.

I don't make friends easy. I tend to be afraid to impose my presence on people and I withdraw into my house and into my life. I was so lucky when I met her 5 years ago and we became so close. The only other friend I have made in the last 5 years in my next door neighbour with whom I have so much in common. She is awesome, sweet and she and her husband are some of the nicest, sweetest, coolest people I have met in a lot of years. They are the first neighbours I have known by name in 4 years. She has a son my age and the cutest little two year old I have EVER SEEN! And the older sister loves my little princess. The three kids play in the yard all the time and I love to see them running and laughing and playing together.

On another topic, the title of this post reminds me of a television show I used to watch years ago, "Full House". The little girl Michele was always doing the most adorable things but there are two scenes which I always remember. One is where the two older girls are up in their father's bedroom and they are trying to hide something they have done. They have little Michele standing guard while they survey the damage and try to come up with a solution. She is not to let him come up to the room. Well dad comes home and he is suspicious. Little Michele tries to block the stairs but she is too little and he just picks her up and carries her as he stalks up the stairs. All the way up the stairs she is hollering a warning at the top of her lungs, "He's coming! He's coming! He's coming! . . . . He's Here!" With her little voice and the way she talked it was the cutest thing I have ever heard.

The other scene I love has little Michele sitting in the living room putting change in her piggy bank. Just as she gets it all in the bank, she hears the ice cream truck going by. She starts shaking her piggy bank upside down with all her mite (shaking her whole body in the process) and she is yelling, "Give me back my money!" Just the image of her little body shaking, her little head bobbing up and down, and her moving more than the piggy bank is sooo cute.

Anyway that is my walk down memory lane for today. To summarize, I am a sap for cute kids, I love my two friends and NOTSOSNOWWHITE is COMING TO TOWN!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope time slows down for the two of you so you can spend countless minutes together. There's nothing like a dear friend... and it's the memories of doing nothing spectacular that keep friends dear. Talking and laughing and sharing... that's the spirit of friendship!
I miss my dear, dear friend. We sound a lot like the two of you. So enjoy every moment!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you found your kindred spirit! I hope you guys have a very relaxed visit, have fun!

Makes me miss my friend in California, we sound like you and your friend. :O) No body else gets our corny sense of humor, and we are a lot alike.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and have an awesome visit/day!

Anonymous said...

I think I'm the same way with friends- you don't have to do spectacular stuff to have fun.

Anonymous said...

: )

Twitter