Aug 22, 2006

Sleeping Beauty

I don't know what Day care does to Little Princess but every day when she comes home, I find her like this within a couple of hours.

Now she hasn't been taking naps for months but since Day Care? . . . . an awful lot of days, I am in the kitchen cleaning or in the basement sorting laundry when I hear the sounds of silence from the rest of my house. Now any of you with kids under a certain age will know that the sounds of silence are rare and are usually relegated to those times that she is not home, sleeping, or doing something she shouldn't be doing. But when I walk up the stairs, this sight awaits me.


Now, I have to say that I have been lucky enough to have had Little Princess with me for 4 1/2 years. She is always the light of my life, but the sight of her sleeping always melts my heart. Does that feeling ever go away? Will I ever stop scrambling for the camera when I catch her unawares sleeping like she did not so many years ago?

She loves Day Care and when I go to get her off the bus, I hear her yell, "MOMMY!!" and then she tells me if she was good or bad, what new thing Jase said that he shouldn't have, and if she ate her lunch. I love those moments. I love that when she sees me it is confession time and she spills the beans about everything that she has done wrong. I love that today, when I got her, she proudly announced, "Mommy, today I didn't go past the purple post. Today I was a good girl. But I didn't eat my peach." She went into the house, turned her nose up at lunch and had water and a granola bar instead and then sat down on the couch. Then she curls up like this, ready to drop off to the land of nod. Can a mommy's heart be any more full?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say enjoy every minute!

Anonymous said...

You know - I still look at my 17 yr old and 11 yr old and have the same feeling - I don't think it matters how old they get your kids are always your kids and you get that feeling when they are any age - enjoy they grow up quickly!!!

Twitter