Aug 8, 2006

Who am I now


Today, I realized how much of my day my Little Princess takes up. Her first few days in Day Care, I was enjoying the me time and worrying about her adjusting well. But now that she is there and enjoying and learning the things she is there to learn, I realized that I am at a loss.

Taking care of the house and her needs has filled up most of my time since I stopped working. I really don't know what to do with myself now that I don't have that little voice calling out to me every few minutes, or those little fingers wrapping around mine leading me off to some rare thing thing she has found. I am not charging up into the silence to find out what mischief she has gotten into (because an awake silent four year old is never a good thing).

I have no desire to become that mom that watches soaps all day until her little one comes home and with Prince Charming and the Little Princess half the day, my house doesn't take that much to keep clean.

This really is an adjustment. And I honestly didn't know it would be. What do I do now? I could turn into Betty Crocker meets Leave it to Beavers mom and be waiting in the kitchen in a pretty apron with fresh cookies every day, but that really isn't me and besides that would be hazardous to my diet. LOL. I guess I will figure this out as I go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness your little princess is a peach! She is adorable!!!
I had to laugh at your I could turn into Betty Crocker meets Leave it to Beavers mom and be waiting in the kitchen in a pretty apron with fresh cookies every day. WOOT! a stepford wife lol
I am sure you will find many things to do, i just know it!

Anonymous said...

Your digi layouts are beautiful. Do you design the elements, or which designer's are you using?
LOL, on the quiet 4yo. Only when they are into mischeif!!

Anonymous said...

I have a few design freebies that I use. I got almost all of them from:
http://www.scrapbook-bytes.com/chat/index.php
or
http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/gallery/index.php

Twitter