Sep 15, 2006

It isn't fair

I am heartbroken. A friend that I made in the cyberworld has lost her husband. I ache for her and her babies. I wish I could be there to help her. It isn't fair, her husband was only 40 years old and he simply fell and died.

He had a loving wife and two beautiful daughters. He was an extremely devoted, hard-working husband and father. His heart and soul belonged to music; playing, listening, and attending live performances. He believed in helping those less fortunate than himself. He gave the gift of his friendship to many people. He was gentle and he loved animals. He abhored bigotry in any form - racisim, homophobia, classism, etc. He was neat and organized and did laundry. He loved to read. He got a tattoo of his dog when she died. He was a good man, a good husband and a good father and it isn't fair.

I want to raise my fist and scream at the heavens. I want to be by her side and hug her babies. I want to help her take the next breath and the next and to help face the days to come. I want to wrap her and her little girls up in a bubble of love and ease her burden in some way. I want to take everything I know about her husband wrap it all up and give him back to her. I wish I could just erase the pain she is feeling. I want to do it all but I don't know what to do. I hurt so much for her and I feel so impotent.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my stars. That is heartbreaking. I don't know her or you but I do know heartbreak so you both are in my thoughts. HUGS to you...

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your friend.

Enjoyed your feast mine is up

Anonymous said...

Ohhh no. I'm so sorry that your friend lost her husband...how tragic :(

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news and I don't even know the family. It is so heartbreaking just knowing that my daughter and I would be lost without our Daddio. I promise to say a prayer for your friends today - for strength and comfort.

Anonymous said...

Awww..sorry to hear about your friend. Man, that is terrible. I'm sending healing energy her way pronto! BTW, I really like the style of your blog...haven't been over here in a long while!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about your friends husband. How terrible...he was so young :(
Just the fact you are keeping her in your thoughts is comforting to her.

BTW,
Thanks for the visit!

Anonymous said...

I will def say a prayer for this family...thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

that is so sad.. and so not fair. grrrr.

Anonymous said...

How sad and tragic. :(

Anonymous said...

Oh I am sooo sorry for your friend and her family. 40 is too young...


Sending hugs, good thoughts, and strength to your friend - she is going to need a lot of strength.

Anonymous said...

That is so sad... My ex's step-dad died at 40 from a fall down the stairs. Deaths like that are so senseless. My heart goes out to your friend and her family.

Anonymous said...

It is so hard for us to understand why someone we love and care for passes at such a young age...however, he is in a better place and now it is all we can do to pray for his family. With a good friend like you, surely, you will be able to comfort and support her, as time does heal all wounds. Our prayers are with you all during this sad time.

Anonymous said...

This is really sad. My prayers are with the entire family and friends.

Just a few weeks ago our family also lost a very dear member at a young age and I know how his wife must be feeling at this very moment.

Anonymous said...

how sad...

Anonymous said...

Sending hugs your way. Will keep the family in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

That is heartbreaking. My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family.

Anonymous said...

That is really scary and awful. I feel for her- They seem like a close, close family.

Twitter