Sep 19, 2006

Mommy Instincts

Well my mommy instincts yesterday were that she was fine, that she had a cold that was just hanging around and around. But there was this nagging doubt, what if I was ignoring something important. I was giving her cold medication and keeping her comfortable and happy as best I could but when she started to complain her head was hurting we packed her up and took her to the doctor's office. She had tests, x-rays of her chest, the whole nine yards. And the verdict is . . . . she has a cold. A viral infection actually but the results are the same. My mommy instincts were right and she was fine and time will take care of it. But I am glad that I took her in. I can stop worrying that I am doing something wrong now.

With her little adventure and spending so much time taking care of her my little cleaning marathon did not happen. She is home today so I don't see it happening today either. I am doing a little at a time as best I can. The house is at least presentable, even if there is dust in all the corners and laundry to be done. Tomorrow she will be back at preschool and I will be back at the gym and then going to get groceries, so it will be a full day again so I doubt a lot of extra cleaning will be done. The way this is going, my fall cleaning is actually going to take me until spring to get done. Oh well thats the way it goes I guess.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too need to get some cleaning down...only I need to have the house in order for the new little one arriving in October. I know I'll have a spurt of energy prob at the beginning of next month though.

Anonymous said...

Awww...hope the little sweetheart feels better. Speaking of cleaning...;o)

Anonymous said...

hope she feel well sonn.

I'm also on a cleaning event!

Anonymous said...

Cleaned on Saturday. The entire house (well, the inside) from top to bottom. All 2800 sq ft. My husband thinks me insane. I thinks me obsessive-compulsive, but oh man does it feel good to have a clean house!

Anonymous said...

That girl just needs to feel better!! oh yeah. and cleaning suck. rocks.

Anonymous said...

Glad she just has a cold and it's nothing serious. Sometimes you just have to check!

I'd love to have a clean house - someone want to clean mine?

Anonymous said...

Awwww...well, I'm glad it's just a cold.

I haven't been able to read your blog very well--your format doesn't like Foxfire. Or Foxfire doesn't like it. :) I opened it up in Explorer and now it looks just fine.

Twitter