Sep 14, 2006

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things TC has learned in the last year of blogging.
  1. Never say that this is the last move. Because if you are me, it probably isn't.
  2. Perfectly normal nice people being made to still for hours on end turn into completely wild savages when presented with a long table lined with coffee and muffins.
  3. Speaking to people in three different towns and and deciding that which ever one finds us a place to live is your new home is NOT a great way to pick a new place to live. It is only marginally better then darts on a map.
  4. No matter how similar things appear, in the mind of a child there can be vital difference between this yellow lovey and that yellow thing over there than looks just like it.
  5. Love can be different thing to different people. Some people need to be together all the time to be happy and others need to be apart. Some people need to agree most of the time and some need to have fantastic blowouts and then make up. Prince Charming makes me stronger. With him at my back, I can fight any battle. He used to bring me flowers every day, now there are less romantic gestures. Instead, he is my Prince Charming, he stands in guard front of me and our daughter and protects us from the world. When I am upset, his arms around me makes it all more bearable. I am so proud of the person he is.
  6. Losing your computers hard drives SUCKS! A LOT!
  7. I have moved twice in the last year. That should be illegal. Anyone considering moving twice in one year should get a free ride to the mental institution, they will need it.
  8. The first day of Day Care will be much harder on me than it is on her.
  9. A Little Princess woken up from an impromptu naps to cuddles and popcorn is a happy Little Princess
  10. There are little gremlins in my house that come out when I am not looking and play tricks. I know they do, they put dishes in my sink, laundry in every available corner of the house, stomp all over my floors, and leave fingerprints on every flat surface they can find.
  11. Nothing is quite as cute as Little Princess going to see Cars in the theatre and being so small of butt that the chair folds up with her in it and she likes it that way and falls asleep with her cheek rested on the bottom of her foot.
  12. Taking a picture of a four year old is soooo much harder than taking a picture of a baby. She has places to go and things to do and no desire to sit still for more than three seconds.
  13. Blogging introduces you to some pretty great people! Happy Blogiversary guys!

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy blogiversary!! :) Nice TT!! Normal people scare me. LOL I went to 13 different schools growing up and we weren't even military. When my DH was in the military, we only moved twice. We moved to our first base and then he got out fours years later and we moved back to Oklahoma. My TT is up too! Sorry if the comment posted twice...stupid box froze up the first time.

Anonymous said...

I moved 11 times in 10 years, and it wasn't military. Got rid of that husband, and have only moved twice in the 20+ years since. Much better!

Anonymous said...

Great list..
Day Care is so hard at first...
Have a great Thursday.
My list is up

Anonymous said...

Great list! Poor thing not able to sit in the theater chairs, and yes daycare for you will be hard! Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Wow a year of blogging. I think I am coming up to that in the next few months. This is a great list of things learned. We haven't moved in almost 8 years now and I dread the fact that we will be moving at some point. I can't imagine 2 times in a year!!

Anonymous said...

I love your list. I especially love the description of Little Princess in the movie theater. How cute is that!
Thanks so much for stopping by to read my T13. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

one year is a long time! :)

Anonymous said...

That's an incredible list of things you've learned this past year - I think I've learned several of them right along with you! Thanks for visiting my TT!

Anonymous said...

That was great! And I totally agree with the mental institution comment! Moving makes you crazy!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an educational first year! Thanks for visiting.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Norma...see? You learn something new everyday! ;)

Hell, I hate moving once a lifetime, much less twice in a year.

Anonymous said...

#6 - Oh, don't I know it! Totally sucks.

#7 - Yup. I totally agree. Moving more than once a year is definitely a fast-track to insanity.

#10 - Gremlins, eh? Well, at least I know who to blame now, thanks. Hmmm, I wonder if they can be trained to clean up after themselves?

#13 - Yuppers, it sure does. [smile] Shucks, you have just helped me to realize that it's my blog anniversary too. Actually, I think the exact date was yesterday. I suppose I'll get around to making a post about it sometime this weekend.

Your 'Little Princess' sounds like a darling little one, and your Prince Charming sounds like an awesome protector. Yea for fairytales come true! [smile]

Thanks for stopping by my T13 today! Hope you're having a terrific Thursday!

Anonymous said...

P.S. Happy Bloganniversary to you, too!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a wonderful list. I can just picture the Little Princess asleep in that position. ;)

Have a Happy!

Anonymous said...

What a year you had...so busy!!! I can't even imagine moving twice in a year! You're one brave person.

My 13 are up!

Anonymous said...

LOL!Kids are like the energize bunny, they keep going and going and going!
I don't like moving, even one time in a year!
Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogaversary!

Thanks for stopping by My T13 Daydream Edition!

Anonymous said...

Since I just started blogging this month, it was great to read your list. Thanks for sharing and happy anniversay!

Anonymous said...

I have those same gremlins... congrats on the year!

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary to you! God bless you for moving twice in one year. I remember our move from last September, and it is still too fresh in my mind for me want to go through that hell again any time soon!

Happy Thursday to you, and feel free to visit my list as well if you get the chance!

Anonymous said...

"Taking a picture of a four year old is soooo much harder than taking a picture of a baby" - Cuz babies just lie there and look cute. 4 years olds MUST move and be pains in our butts! ;)

Great 13!

Anonymous said...

The blogsphere is a wonderful place to meet great people, like you! Happy Blogiversary!

Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

I agree about daycare being harder on the parents. I know it was for me! Happy T13!

Anonymous said...

Great 13! Happy Anniversary!

Cindi

Anonymous said...

I relate with number 7. We've moved a lot. the last place wasn't my fault. We were gonna buy this town house and then eventually buy it. Well, after we've been there 5 months, the owner tells us he wants to sell it for more and we have 30 days to move out. I was pregnant on bedrest and had to pack myself. So we all moved in my moms so my mom could help take care of me. 5 months later we moved into an apartment. Now it's been 7 months and soon we will finally be moving in a house. It's been crazy!

Anonymous said...

Happy blogiversary to you! I really enjoyed reading your TT...I also think I have mischievous house gremlins :)

Anonymous said...

Great list! Gremlins are great though aren't they?

Anonymous said...

This time I could find your comment button! We moved twice in ten months, and yes it was way stressful. Not recommended at all. For us, for the kids. I still shudder when I see a United Van Lines drive by me. We've been here ten years and I'm still not ready for another move.

Anonymous said...

Great TT!! I especially agree with #13.

Twitter