Oct 9, 2006

Not so bright-eyed and bushy-tailed


Today is a day I would love to have been able to send her to preschool. Does that make me a bad mommy? She got up at 4:30 am and kept coming and knocking on our door, going pee and singing and playing in the bathroom, and in general creating a noise disturbance and I couldn't sleep. I ushered back to bed a hundred times I am sure only to be back up and ushering her back again a few minutes later. My only consolation was that she had no preschool today so surely she would sleep in and then I could sleep in too.

HOWEVER . . . . . . .

My child did NOT sleep in. She was up and at 'em bright and early as usual. Knocking on my door so that I could come down and put on a movie for her, get a drink for her, and all kinds of other things. So, after a restless night convincing her to go to bed, we are both up for the day bright and early.

So, if you wander past my house and see me standing on my step looking bleary eyed and confused just point me in the direction of my coffee pot and give me a little shove. I am probably sleep walking and need another caffeine fix.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I've always got the coffee on!

"Behind every successful woman... is a substantial amount of coffee." The theme of my blog. LOL.


PS:
I have the same morning issues but they are with the hamster and the cat. Last night was rough! I'm blurry eye'd too.

Anonymous said...

I was hoping my kids had the day off too, so I could sleep in.LOL!
I'm a zombie too, until my first cup of coffee kicks in!

Anonymous said...

No, you're not a bad Mommy. There are days that I'm so glad that Girlie Girl goes to school! Hope the coffee kicks in!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I get up that early and wish I could go back to sleep, but usually I'm awake until a few minute before the alarm goes off. Then I'm tired. No little kid keeeping me up, just my brain.

Anonymous said...

Why is it that the one day that you could sleep in, they don't allow it? My kids do the same thing to us. Drives me batty!

Anonymous said...

I give a shout of thanks every day when A goes off to kindergarten. He's my early riser and it's a looong morning until school. I feel your pain.

Twitter