Feb 23, 2007

Friday Feast

Click on the picture to join in the Friday Feast Fun! Have a Great Friday!

Appetizer
Where on your body do you have a scar, and what caused it?
I have a little scar on my hand from a cut when I was a child and I have four small scars on my stomach from when I had surgery.

Soup
What is something that has happened to you that you would consider a miracle?
I was outside playing in a swimming pool all by myself when I walked off the shallow end into the deep end. I couldn't swim and I was panicking when someone looked out and saw me. I was saved and it is a miracle that someone happened to see me at that moment

Salad
Name a television personality who really gets on your nerves.
This one is hard, I am sure there must be one, but I can't think of any. Most of the ones who get on peoples nerves, I feel sorry for. I guess if I had to pick one, I would say Paris Hilton because she is only famous for being rich and really has nothing constructive to add.

Main Course
What was a funny word you said as a child (such as "pasketti" for "spaghetti")?

I don't remember any words I used to say, but Little Princess used to say "Osht" for "soft". I LOVED it and I wish it never went away.

Dessert
Fill in the blank: I have always thought ______ was ______.

I have always thought that winter was too cold and long.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scrapbooking

In other news. I did a couple of pages yesterday. I did one for my friend to let her know how important she is to our family. And of Little Princess's face because I could be biased but I think she has the most striking eyes and I love how she is constantly singing.





Vegetarian

I have to say, I LOVED my tofu scramble yesterday! It was soo good for breakfast that I made another version for supper. It tasted heavenly and it let me do my favorite kind of cooking. What I call kitchen sink cooking where I throw a little bit of this and a little bit of everything but the kitchen sink. I truly loved it. I also discovered that I like a firm tofu a lot. I like the chewy texture of it.

I made a curry type tofu scramble for breakfast:


I made a spinach salad and a fruit salad for my lunch which was wonderful! It just tasted soo good that I didn't feel like I was trying to eat healthy.


And I made another kind of tofu scramble for supper which was just as wonderful! I am so pleased that I was brave enough to try this. Now that I love this, it is vegan all the way baby!


Weigh In

I have been a little embarrassed lately at how much my weight has fluctuated since going vegetarian, but I have been making healthy changes anyway. The way I thought about it, if you eat right and watch what you eat, eventually it has to show on the scales. You can't get fat eating fruits and vegetables. And this week it showed up finally!

Last week I was 198 lbs and this week I am 195 lbs! Wooohooo!!! I am thrilled. I am eating healthy, I feel wonderful and I am finally on the way down on the scales.






9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great feast! Mine is up, too.

I can't see the scrapbook page with your little princess - sounds pretty though!

Cory said...

Congrats on that loss! You've been doing so well, and I know you are thrilled to see that finally.

And the pages look awesome! I wish I had the creativity and the time to really scrapbook....

Unknown said...

great feast and It looks like you have been very productive..Thanks for posting

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the loss!! You are doing great!! You're fruit salad looked yummy, I have a hard time fitting in fruit but could eat this.. :-)

Raggedy said...

Great Friday Feast!
My feast is served.
Have a wonderful day!
TGIF
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Krista said...

The scrapbooking is absolutely gorgeous! And the food pictures look delcious! thanks for all the support and comments you leave for me.

Emmy said...

What yummy food you made :) The tofu scramble looks great. Congrats on losing four pounds too. WTG!!!

Melli said...

What a great feast today! You were definitely blessed to be seen in that pool! WHAT in the WORLD were you doing out there UNguarded if you couldn't swim??? CraZy!

My kids had lots of words that they mispronounced too -- and I was SO sorry to see them go away! We never spoke baby talk TO them - always encouraged correct speech, but I did LOVE their little mess-ups... I know just how ya feel!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

You have a great looking site. I enjoyed your feast. You seem like a really nice person. Also, congrats on the loss. that's an accomplishment, I know.

Twitter