Feb 19, 2007

Monday mumblings

Diet and Exercise

I am concentrating on making fruits and vegetables the basis of my meals as opposed to grains and starches. Trying to get lots of veggies and fruits into my diet should help to fight this battle without feeling deprived.

I am also going to try to get more exercise and get more activity. This has got to help too.

Vegetarian

I am not sure, but this is what I am thinking of for my supper tonight:

Basic vegetable stirfy
Serves 2
Ingredients

1 cup broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
1 cup cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
½ cup snow peas
1 large carrot, cut into bit size pieces
1 cube vegetable boullion
2-3 garlic cloves (finely diced)
6 tbs water

Directions:
Lightly spray a large wok or deep frying pan with cooking spray. Add garlic to pan and saute the garlic until softened.
Add the 6 tablespoons of water to softened garlic along with the boullion cube . Once the boullion is dissolved start adding the vegetables in the order of time needed to cook each - cauliflower, carrots, broccoli, snow peas, stirring constantly, until the vegetables are “tender crisp” or to yourown taste.
If the vegetables need more cooking time you can add a few tablespoons of water to the pan/wok and left to cook a little longer if desired. If there is any water leftover then it may be discarded and a little low-sodium soya sauce or teriaki sauce (to taste) can be stirred into the vegetables.

Little Princess

Little Princess woke up with a fever again today. Poor kid. Apparently this flu she has is still kicking her butt. she is up in bed, watching "Blues Clues" cuddled under her blanks. Poor baby. Although, I secretly think she is a little happy to be home with mommy.

Scrapbooking

Prince Charming didn't like this quote on this page. But I love this movie. I love the idea that every little girl and deserves to be a Princess.


Cartoon



Not much on the go for today. I have a houseful of mess to clean up, a sick little girl to take care of, and laundry to do. Hopefully, I will get all of that done, while making my little girl a little happier. Have a great monday everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great Monday :)

Cory said...

Sorry to hear that the Little Princess is sick. That seriously sucks. But hopefully she will be feeling better this afternoon.
I can see why Prince Charming might not like the quote, but I really do like that page. It's really nice. Good luck with the fruits and veggies!

Emmy said...

Hope your daughter feels better soon!!! Yum, stir-fries always make for a great dinner :)

Twitter