Feb 11, 2007

Sunday Stuff

Little Princess

I love how musical Little Princess is. I love that she wakes up in the night and starts singing at the top of her lungs for no reason. I love that she dances around the living room singing just because she is in the mood to do that. I just makes me smile and feel that if my five-year-old is singing and dancing all the time, she must be a pretty happy kid.

Prince Charming

Prince Charming is out today with the boys. He rarely ever does that and I am happy for him to get out and enjoy himself. I love when he comes home brimming over with stories to share and things to show me.

Given that he is the WORLDS BIGGEST CARNIVORE, he has been surprisingly supportive of my vegetarian way of eating. I think that is because he knows how much healthier I am feeling. He is not a nuts, roots, and treebark, hug the whales kind of guy and that kind of thing annoys him. But health stuff, he is supportive of.

Diet Stuff

I have been finding that since I went Vegetarian, I have been really enjoying soup. There are just so many soups out there that are really filling and yummy and I can freeze the leftovers for lunches on other days. I am making a pot of soup now and I can't wait to have some. I made pea soup yesterday and it was heavenly.

I made a couple of changes that are steps toward really making the commitment to this way of life. I went through the recipes I have been emailed and sorted them out. Getting rid of any that were not vegetarian and sorting the remainder into vegetarian and vegan. I also cooked my favorite sausages last night for Prince Charming and Little Princess and didn't have any. I had been saving them in case I had a craving and I decided to go off my vegetarian way of life for a meal. But I have been doing this for 3 weeks now and I have no desire to do that. I am happy eating this way. So, I decided to get rid of temptation.





2 comments:

Lazy Daisy said...

Love the new look and good for you on the vegetarian step. I love soup too especially on very cold days. Love the cartoon.

Melli said...

Hey! Cool new look! And I had thought once about having separate blogs for my weight loss and ... the rest of my life -- and I made the same decision you did -- weight loss is PART of my life! (and it certainly is NOT the WHOLE of me!) So good for you! I bet your readers will like it better too -- better to get to "know you"!

Twitter