Feb 25, 2007

Sunday Stuff

Snow Overload

I went out shovelling this mountain of snow in our driveway yesterday with all the good intentions of getting it all done. But I discovered that shovelling snow in your driveway and shovelling snow in your driveway when you have to throw it over your head are two different things. I got part way down my driveway and I had to stop, my back was killing me! I even had to get up out of bed at 5 this morning and lay on the couch my back was that sore. Now the crazy part of this story is that I am considering going back out again today.

To give you some perspective, this is my neighbour across the road's driveway



And this is the driveway I share with my neighbour, (my half is the one that is half shovelled.)



My Kitchen

Since I moved into this house, I have struggled with trying to do something I liked with my kitchen. It had this odd little cubby whole with no plug outlet in it and it needs more cupboard space and a good paint job. But I do think that how I have it now is really good. Since I bought shelving to make good use of the cubby space the layout makes more sense.

Here are some pics. I am open to suggestions. Keep in mind that the bag beside the shelf is a birthday present for the adorable little boy next door and I hope to soon put the freezer in the basement if I can convince Prince Charming of it. When I put the freezer in the basement the table the the fridge will switch places.







Tea

I have been trying to expand my drinking habits to include something other than coffee and water. I have tried two teas lately that rather enjoy. The Green tea has gensing that takes some getting used to and I usually drink this one with a little lemon and splenda in it. The Vanilla Chai is heavenly and I drink that with just a little splenda. It is creamy and wonderful and neither one has calories or caffiene!



Little Princess

Little Princess has gotten into the habit of doing the funniest thing with the folding chair. She opens it up and sits behind it and performs little puppet shows with whatever happens to be at her reach. Today it was a scrap of leather. She is such a riot sometimes watching her imagination take flight just makes me smile.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...that is a LOT of snow! Wow! Stay warm :)

Margaret said...

Too much snow for me to handle. I'd hook the garden hose to my hot water heater and melt it down instead. LOL!

I haven't tried the Chi teas but you make that one sound so heavenly! I've been really enjoying Crystal Lights Peach Iced Tea mix for cooler drinks. It really tastes good and quenches thirst well. Walmart has their own brand of the same thing cheaper too.

Do you still have the cooking club up and going? I've been meaning to... it's in my "to do" list here... but haven't yet.

Anonymous said...

That is a lot of snow and your daughter is cute.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I've never seen so much snow! Where in the world do you live!!??

:-)

The Happy Vegan
http://www.happyvegan.net

Anonymous said...

I would die with that much snow!!! Come on Spring.. :-)

Your photos were great!!

Emmy said...

Wowza, what a mountain of snow!!! Good use of shelving in your kitchen too. In the basement at our previous house, I had several shelving units set up to use as an extra pantry. We don't have a basement here and I miss not being able to stock up as much.

Twitter