Mar 11, 2007

Sunday Stuff


Movie of my life Thoughts

If you were to ask one of my friends which movie reminds them of me, you would get I am sure a variety of answers. One of which I know would be "Grease". On the outside, I met Prince Charming and blossomed from the good little girl who did what I was told to someone more free and sexy. And to some degree that is true but to me the movie that most represents my life since meeting Prince Charming is actually Dirty Dancing.

In the same way as Baby, I was a good girl who idolized her father and thought that nobody would ever be as good as my daddy. I always did what I was told. But when I met Prince Charming, I was moved to jump in with both feet and take a chance despite what I knew my family would think. And in the same way as Baby, when I met Prince Charming I disappointed my father (in this case because he was of the wrong religion). My Father was hurt and it caused a lot of tension and troubles for a long time.

But like Baby, when I was with Prince Charming, I felt sexy and desirable for the first time in my life. I was 28 years old, but I swear, he brought out the woman in me. He still does. Now it took longer than a 2 hour time frame but eventually my father grew to like Prince Charming and we do talk and they love my daughter. And, they would like us to be closer. But somewhere underneath it all, I can still feel the disappointment in me.

When I watch Dirty Dancing, it takes me back to that time. I remember the intensity of those feelings. I remember how awful it hurt when I talked to my father. I remember the pain and the love and the incredible feeling of realizing that this may be forever after all.

Prince Charming got a lot more then he bargained for when he took up with me. Another girl would have been easier, would have come with less baggage. And for a long time, I didn't know why he thought I was worth all that trouble. There are a lot of girls out there with fathers that would have known what a rare and special guy Prince Charming was and still is. I used to worry that one day he would wake up and realize that and move on. For a long time, I held a part of me back so I would be less hurt when he left. I remember how scared I was when I realized that I had fallen completely and absolutely and that if he ever left me, I would be devistated. I remember waking from a nightmare one night and Prince Charming holding me and assuring me that he wasn't going anywhere and I finally believed him.

Diet Aids

I found this cool link where you can build your own example of the Food Guide. I did it and printed my vegan version off and stuck it to my fridge. I also found a Eating and Activity Tracker. EATracker lets you track your day's food and activity choices and compares them to the guidelines laid out by Health Canada.

Weigh in

I did badly this week on my weigh in. I am back up what I lost last week, but I was sick all week and I know I ate badly. So I am not going to worry about it. I am going to concentrate on eating healthy, whole foods. I am going to concentrate on getting more active. And, hopefully the rest will take care of itself.

Vegetarian

I tried some Presidents Choice No meat Meat strips last night. They were pretty good. The texture was a little off, but they tasted really good and I will definitely get them again as a treat once in a while. I truly believe that eating is a full sensory experience and that you eat with your eyes first. When you look at a plate and it is colorful and healthy, and then you smell it and it smells wonderful, and then you eat it, you enjoy the food more. I like colorful foods. I love the smell of a nice Chai Tea.

Like this stirfry I made. It is so colorful with the spinach, mushrooms, zucchini, onion, tofu and tomato. I flavored it with a little vegetable bouillon, garlic powder, ginger, salt, pepper, and soya sauce. It tasted wonderful and it looked colorful. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it didn't feel like a "healthy" meal at all. It felt like a treat.




9 comments:

Lazy Daisy said...

wow, what a week you are having. So glad you found your prince charming and "your own groove".

I adore Mr. Wonderful and he is a wonderful man, lover, father, and friend. My dad never did really like him which was hard for me as I loved both of them and felt torn between the two.

Life has a way of working out. It looks like you are finding the balance.

Looney Mom™ said...

I LOVE both those movies. I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm glad you found your prince charming and he makes you feel alive!

Way to go on the weight loss. So you fell off the wagon... it's ok as long as you get back on!

Anonymous said...

You know, as long as Prince Charming loves you, that should be all the matters to your family. That's what I've had to deal with my mother about my husband, the same thing. My husband is a wonderful husband, father, friend and man too. As long as you are happy that is all that matters.
I am so happy for you in your weight loss, you can tell you feel happier in your writing and I'm sure you feel better too! Keep up the Awesome job. It isn't easy, but like Looney Mom said, if you have a day where you go on a snacking binge, allow yourself to not feel bad about it.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Fantastagirl said...

I understand the father thing with your prince charming, I have the same problem with my Mr. Incredible and my Dad.

You have done so well with your weight-loss - Keep working at it!

Kat said...

I loved the 'movie of my thoughts'
very neat. And I too love my curves!

Emmy said...

The stir-fry looks wonderful. What a great assortment of veggies. YUM!

Cory said...

I've never really thought about what movie would really show my life. This is something I will have to think about.

And I loved the scrapbook page. That's awesome!!!!

Unknown said...

its taken me a long time to love my curves but now that i do, i'm no longer afraid to show them off... love your photo! :-)

Melli said...

Darn tootin'! Your curves are lookin' GOOOOOD! I'm glad your confident enough to show them off too!

I'm also glad that your folks DID eventually accept Prince Charming... because really... if THEY believe that they raised you right - then they SHOULD have trusted YOUR judgment all along! (but I can understand about the religion thing... some folks DO believe there is only ONE...) I'm glad they came around though!

Twitter