Mar 1, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Random Things about Twisted Cinderella

1. People have been asking what I put in my tofu scramble. Honestly, I treat them much the way I do scrambled eggs at my house. I pick a few things and mix it all up together. Lately, I have been adding, mushrooms, onions, green pepper, red peppers, tomatoes, corn, and zucchini. I change it up and I change the spices. Sometimes it is simply garlic, onion powder, salt pepper and chili powder. Sometimes, I give it a little curry and tumeric instead of the chili. I play with it a lot depending on what is in my fridge. That is what I love best about them, I can change it up every day.
2. I have found that there are a LOT of vegetarian products that I really like.
3. I am going to try to make a desert this weekend with silken tofu.
4. I was supposed to get my car this morning and it didn't turn up! I am not happy.
5. Little Princess has an ear infection. Ugh, poor baby. But I have medication for her.
6. I asked the doctor about this insessant coughing and he said that her lungs were clear and not to worry.
7. Asking me not to worry is like asking a dog not to bark, it is a nice idea and possible in theory, but you know that the minute you make the request, it is gonna happen anyway.
8. Prince Charming is finishing his course soon. I am a little nervous. I want him to get work and to feel settled.
9. My knee is getting better. I have no pain now, so if I can get the time, I am going to attack the driveway again.
10. I love the show, "Just One Bite". It has great hints on ways to get your kids to eat and it often has families where one member is a vegetarian.
11. I am working on becoming vegan, I just have to plan a little better to make sure that I have enough protein in the house to last me from grocery day to grocery day without having to resort to eggs. I am doing really well and have been eating completely vegan for 1 1/2 weeks, but I am running out of things and I am getting a little desperate.
12. I can't wait until the day that I don't have to worry about that kind of stuff. We do have lots of food, just not lots of vegetarian foods for me. I am surprised how much healthier I feel since making this change.
13. here is my latest scrapbook page:


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

  • Leave a comment and I will add you here




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




6 comments:

Emmy said...

Hope your daughter feels better soon. Congrats on eating vegan for the past week and a half. That's a great accomplishment :)

Anonymous said...

You've made me look at tofu in a whole new light.

Happy TT. First time at your site, very neat.

My TT # 4 is up. Would love for you to drop by.

Anonymous said...

Another neat thing to do with tofu is marinate it and make veggie kebabs. Scrumptious! To that end, I've discovered that firm tofu is available at Costco for $2.79 for three packages. If you have or know someone who has a Costco membership, it's worth getting some at that price.

Do you cook up various dried beans and peas and freeze them? I've taken to cooking a whopping mass of each one periodically and freezing them (cooked) in tubs or baggies for easy adding to recipes. Cheaper than cans!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! You have to plan to be Vegan, I could not do it right now.Hope your daughter feels better now.

Kat said...

#7 is so true.

Unknown said...

As moms we never stop worrying. For some reason reading your TT, I'm feeling in the mood for Chinese food. The cheesecake I had with tofu was delicious, you couldn't tell it had tofu in it.
I hope Princess feels better soon, ear infections are no fun.
Lovely lo.
Happy Thursday!

Twitter