Mar 15, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Random Things about Twisted Cinderella
  1. I made a pudding with Silken Tofu, Splenda, and Cocoa yesterday. It was delicious and filling. It was my first time using Silken Tofu and I am definitely getting it again. It is so versatile. I can be used in a sauce, a smoothie, a cheesecake, pudding, or any other number of ways.
  2. I was thrilled yesterday morning when Little Princess looked at me and said, "Mommy, I like Preschool now." I was so happy to send her happily off to school. Now I have a sneaking suspicion that they are not doing much work right now and that may be why. But I just don't care. She is liking it again.
  3. Little Princess told me she even asked for seconds of "Tuna Bread" yesterday. Now I am not sure what Tuna Bread is. I am assuming a tuna sandwich? but either way, not only did she eat it all but she asked for more!!! Finally she is getting some food in her.
  4. I wasn't surprised that Brandon went home on American Idol this week. I kind of thought that he was the worst this week. I can only hope that Sanjaya goes home next week.
  5. I am loving Melinda, Lakisha and Jordin, but mostly I LOVE LOVE LOVE Melinda. She is just such a sweet person with an amazing powerhouse voice.
  6. I made a soy shake today with frozen fruit (peaches and pineapple), soy milk, and I decided to add just a little coconut milk to it. It was wonderful! It tasted like a pina coloda! Yuuuummmmmm!
  7. Prince Charming mentioned the other day that he didn't like our couch where it was, he said it was in the way. So, I took a mental note and decided that the next time I got around to it, I would see what I could do. I slid furniture here and there, I placed couches and chairs all over the place while Little Princess sat on them laughing enjoying the ride. Eventually I settled on a place where the couch wouldn't be in the way, it would be directly in front of the television, and it wouldn't be in front of the door (Prince Charming hates that). I was so proud and I waited quietly for Prince Charming to come down and see.
  8. When he came down he looked around and said, "You know that I can't sit on the couch like that. I sit sideways stretched out on the couch and now when I do that, I will be side-on to the television. Be proud of me girls, I didn't deck him.
  9. I have no idea what is going on with my weight. I have no control over it and I am constantly struggling lately. I just keep telling myself that I am still almost 60 lbs lighter than I was.
  10. I had no idea turning vegan would have a negative effect on my weight. Strange.
  11. I have decided that I haven't been including enough grains in my menu. I eat mostly fruits and veggies and tofu and soy milk. I think I need to get a few grains and nuts in to round out my nutrition.
  12. and a couple of cartoons to make you smile.




Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

  • Leave a comment and I will add you here




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





20 comments:

Lisa said...

I totally agree with your number 5! I want those three to be the final three.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear your daughter likes school. May that not change.

Di said...

I made chocolate mousse with tofu once...it was a Cooking Light recipe that was touted as one of their top ten recipes ever. And it almost made me and all my dinner guest gag!!! Maybe I didn't use silken tofu...but I'm not inclined to try again!

Michelle Hasker said...

woo hooo! The princess is eating. Great job losing those 60 pounds. The rest will be harder bot look how far you've come :)
I lost 20, but now I started climbing back up.
Good luck! You can do it!

Overwhelmed! said...

Nice list! Great job on loosing the weight! That's amazing. :)

I love the cartoons you shared.

Thanks for stopping by to take a peek at my WFMW foolproof creamy cottage cheese post. I sure appreciate it!

Debi said...

Mmmm...that soy shake sounds delicious! Gonna have to try that myself...anything that tastes like a pina colada is sure to win me over!

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

That was nice knowing you more. Thanks for sharing it and for visiting my site.

Melli said...

I'M proud of you! I'd of clocked him for sure! (i'd of probly used a pillow... a pillow clocking...) ;)

I think the problem with going from a regular diet to the vegan diet is that it adds SO many more carbs to your diet. The only thing I could really suggest is to counter ATTACK that with a LOT more cardio exercise!
I'm sure it IS very frustrating...

Anonymous said...

That pudding sounds yummy, a recipe post perhaps? Have a beautiful day!

Emmy said...

That's great you've started to use silken tofu. I agree, it's very versatile, especially in dessert style recipes.

Anonymous said...

Silken tofu is great in smoothies. I wonder if you are getting too much sugar w. all the fruit and vegies. And, you go girl. SIXTY pounds is AWESOME!

Pen Names: justwhen, rachel said...

Yes, YOU GO!!

As for the negative effect you've experienced after going vegan, I'm not sure what could explain that, but for your own sake, don't even think about going carbophobic on us. :)

Are you starting out your day with a high-fiber breakfast, and eating regularly? And how's your activity level?

Keep going--you're doing great.

Lazy Daisy said...

I know it is frustrating but you are doing so well. congrats on finding something Little Princess will eat. Men don't know what they want when it comes to furniture rearranging. I'm proud of you!

Qtpies7 said...

I can't imagine what would push me over to be Vegan. But you look fantastic in your pics! Be proud!
My husband loses weight better when he is eating meats with fats. I lose weight best when having a baby. (I puke of tons of weight!)

Unknown said...

Great post! The one with your hubby and the couch is funny. My dh is the same way. All furniture is arranges so that the seating at any point in the room is optimal for tv viewing, oy!

Great job on the weight loss! You're doing awesome. Your pudding sound great......will you be posting the recipe.....hint, hint?

Chelle

aTxVegn said...

I enjoyed this post very much. I'm glad you tried and liked the silken tofu pudding. You've done great with your weight loss. You can gain weight on any diet - it's all about the calories.

I'm with you on American Idol. It's about the only show I watch. I think Simon is a genius.

Great news with your daughter eating and liking school. What a relief!

Andi said...

Your progress pictures up at the top are just awesome. I am amazed by your progress. What is your secret???
:-)

Pen Names: justwhen, rachel said...

qtpies7 wrote I can't imagine what would push me over to be Vegan, which made me think about my own journey from a very similar place, to where I am now. So I hope you won't mind my sharing. :)

For me, it started with finding out things about modern "industrialized" farming.

(And, though I wish it weren't so, it turns out the practices of commercial organic and free-range farming differ very little from regular farms.)

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

I'm veggie, not vegan, but I have little dairy. I used to get stomach "flu" a lot growing up and as an adult, I realized recently that I haven't had it since I quit eating meat. . .

I'm with you on Idol, same three; those last few weeks are going to be rough, I want all three of them to win, but Melinda gets to me, too.
I did think Sanjaya should have gone though.

Anonymous said...

the face that you're gaining weight since u turned vegan (same as what happened to me when I turned vegetarian) is because you're not eating meat, so you hungry most of the time since protiens and meat are really filling..so you eat and eat and eat!

Twitter