Apr 24, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

It's Tackle It Tuesday, again! I am actually starting to really enjoy this weekly kick in the butt to get some of the big things in our place done. Today I tackled out spare bedroom. Here are the befores:



Here are the afters (Please note, I still need Prince Charming to check the nuts on the bed and make sure everything is tightened up enough, but at least it is looking presentable again. I have another tackle for later if Prince Charming wakes up early enough):

Weight Loss

Here are some smart substitutions to make healthier choices:

Instead of :
Regular potato chips
Pudding
Ice cream
Cream
Whole milk
Nachos w/ the works
Chocolate
Bagel w/ cream cheese
Boiling w/ butter
Ground beef

Try:
Baked potato chips
Applesauce
Non-fat frozen yogurt
Evaporated milk
Skim milk
Tortilla chips & salsa
Cocoa
Apple slices w/ peanut butter
Boiling w/ chicken broth
Ground turkey


Little Princess


Little Princess LOVED kinderstart. In this session, she was in the room with the teacher and other kids, and I attended a meeting with all other the parents. She had a great time and enjoyed herself thoroughly. Given her issues with preschool, I asked the teacher how she seemed. Did she seem overly hyper or active, did she seem to have a short attention span. The teacher said she did wonderfully and that she seemed perfectly normal. So I am going to just wait for a while and see how she does in a kindergarten environment. Maybe she is just a really active normal five year old. That would be wonderful.


11 comments:

Heather said...

Great tackle! Looks really nice! Thanks for stopping by today!

Elizabeth said...

Wow! You put together a bed! I am so impressed!

Anonymous said...

Looks VERY nice! Good Job!

Anonymous said...

Great Job!! Thanks for the weight loss tips too--but I could NEVER substitute Chocolate for cocoa!! :) Have a great day.

Unknown said...

Great job on the bedroom!

Have you tried sorbet? I get it because I love the taste (Hagen-dahs Mango), but I'm sure it's healthier than ice cream & yogurt.

Or that's what I tell myself....

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Little Princess is adorable!
Great tackle and I like the weight loss tips too :)

Jennifer said...

Super tackle! Looks great! Oh how I wish I had a spare room - of course it would be overtaken by all my scrapbook stuff, but it would be nice to have one!

Anonymous said...

Oh, well done. Quite a difference on the spare bedroom. Maybe you'll have guest sleeping over all the time now ;-)

...and I hope all is continuing to go fine with little princess there!

Fantastagirl said...

Great Tackle!

I am sure the little princess just has some extra energy - and when her mind is being challenged in Kindergarten she will do just fine.

(speaking from a little experience w/pan on this one)

Cory said...

Great tackle!

I'm sure that Little Princess is fine. Little kids have lots of energy. And it's great that she's excited about starting kindergarten!

Anonymous said...

Great progress on your tackle!

Twitter