Jun 22, 2007

Random Thoughts

Diet

I have been doing really badly. Part of it is because I have been having motivation issues. Money is tight over here if Ever After and every time I try to add something healthy and diet-freindly to my shopping cart, I end up putting it back due to budget issues. I can't afford to eat the way I want to and my inner-five-year-old child feels like throwing a tantrum and saying, if I can't eat the stuff I want to in order to be healthy, I won't be healthy at all. Mature, I know. But hey, I can't be mature all the time.

Another reason, I have been doing badly is emotional. Whenever I am down, food makes me feel better. It comforts me and that self-same diet destroying inner-five-year-old child tells me that with all that I have gone through, I deserve to eat whatever I want to. And while that inner-child pouts and sulks, I feed her ice-cream to make her happy.

That is all very well, but I am quickly losing any and all ground I have worked so hard to gain. I can't let this make me gain all that it took 1 1/2 years to lose. I have decided that I really need to pull up my sock, put on my big panties and deal with it. To that end, I am really going to try. I ate cereal with skim milk for breakfast, and I plan on having apple with cinnamon for a snack as well as a tuna on whole grain bread for lunch and I am not sure about supper yet. I have to try.

I don't know how I am going to approach this, I don't know what diet I am going to do, but for now let's start with healthy and work from there.

So You Think You Can Dance

I love this show. I was suprised and saddened by the male dancer that the judges chose to send home. I love to watch Jimmy. He lights up the stage when he dances. Cedric, while talented dancer in his own feild, simply does not have what it takes to dance in pairs competitions and he keeps letting his partner down. This week his partner went home. I truly think she wouldn't have even been in the bottom 3 couples if it hadn't been for him. I truly believe that the judges were wrong in this case.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

First, I see the blog roll is working in that it put brackets around your name when you updated! Yeah!

Second, I watched that show last night too! I think the dancers are ALL much better and hard to choose between than before.

Third, I can identify with your money and shopping experience! So I don't buy anything and don't eat at all. Now I have the reverse effect....my matabolism is so slow I'm fat....sigh.

That Chick Over There said...

I know, right? Why does healthy eating have to be so freaking expensive? I bought watermelon the other day and I was struck by the fact that I could have bought two packages of cookies for what I paid for one TINY container of watermelon.

Not fair. :(

Anonymous said...

Just make good choices diet-wise, and the rest will fall into place. And don't beat yourself up too much. It's so easy to do that!

Thinking of you...

Anonymous said...

You can do this, we both can!! I have days sometimes weeks like that. Stress or emotions are just to much and I overeat big time. But then I get past it and start doing good again. My walking helps and not cutting calories to low. Plus I have 1 free day, that helps me to know that one day is coming I can eat anything.. :-)

Over here in the US, a whole watermelon is running around $3.00 and talk about filling you up with hardly any calories. It has helped me alot these last 2 weeks.

Twitter