Jun 11, 2007

Perfectly Imperfect

So, while creating a new look for a friends blog, I got the itch again to fix mine into something a little more sunny. I love the new look and I love Princess's eyes looking at me from my new header. I used this pic to create it.





I guess keeping busy is working for me right now. Anything and everything to keep my mind off what has happened, dealing with that and wanting to do everything I can to be pregnant once again. So, blogs get redone, laundry gets cleaned, and books get read. It isn't so bad.

I made spaghetti for supper last night. Prince Charming loves spaghetti, but only with canned sauce and very little added to it. The cook in me screams that it really isn't spaghetti if it comes from a jar, but it was he likes, so I go with it. Every time, I try to get creative with it, even just by adding tomatoes to the sauce, he tastes it and says, "It isn't bad, but it is too . . . uh . . . tomatoey." Hmmm . . . tomatoe sauce that is to tomatoey? Go figure. For now, I go with it. It is an easy supper that he loves and Princess does too.

In honor of how grown-up she was in handling the loss of the baby, how mature she acted, and how much she understood, I have now changed Little Princess to Princess. She just isn't so little anymore. She is a beautiful girl who is loving and kind and wonderful and I am so proud of her. She isn't perfect but she is my beautiful daughter.

On the lines of she isn't perfect. She can be a down-right bear if she gets overtired. I swear when she gets over-tired, aliens come down and take over her body and she becomes this impossible, unreasonable mass of whining, crying and even screaming at times. And just about the time you are ready to sit on her and tape her to her bed in a soundproof room, she falls asleep, finally. Every time. Everytime (not very often, I have to confess) that I get overwhelmed and frustrated and at the complete end of my leash, she falls asleep within minutes. And mommy, I sit down with a nice cold drink of water and thank god for the reprieve

I love this pic. She is wearing one of my favorite little "leather" jackets with a hoody, she has her breakfast on her face and she is being her normal silly, goofy, funny self. It just so quintisentially her. That it makes me smile.


For a giggle you have to see this. It is about the funniest commercial I have seen in a long time!! I saw it over at Full Plate.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

your new page looks GREAT :)

Susan said...

It looks great in here! I haven't been over for a while. These pictures are adorable! And, yes, the EYES make it!! Thanks for sharing your "princess" with all of us.

I had to laugh at the Spaghetti sauce, cause my son doesn't like "chunky tomatoes" in his sauce...yet he LOVES tomatoes. I just have to say, "Whatever!"

:-) Susan

Anonymous said...

hey there again, tc drop over to mine please I have a post just for you :)

Anonymous said...

I have been down lately and hadn't been blogging, I know when I need it the most I hide. Anyway I am back for a fresh new start and then I came to your past blogs and saw what happened. I have been crying, this breaks my heart for you and your family. But I am so happy you are going to try again and in the meantime concentrate on losing weight again. We can do this together.. {hugs)

Cory said...

Congrats to the Princess on her title change! She is adorable.
And I love the new look!

Nancy said...

Great new look!

Did you use a free template site, or do you have photoshop and just make your own?

I need to change mine up a bit too.

Anonymous said...

Love the new look. Very beautiful colors. Did you make those BG papers? Just curious, I'm wanting to learn how to make my own too.
You did a fantastic job.

Lisa said...

I love your new look, it is much brighter. Your Princess looks adorable and that Subway ad - funny!!! Enjoy your week.

~*Kelli BoBelli*~ said...

I love the new look! Congrats to Princess.

Oh, and I agree with PC about spaghetti sauce. I'm even Italian and I don't like to much...stuff...in it.

BUT...I'm like you. Like you said..how can spaghetti sauce taste too "tomatoey." I always laugh when people say that seafood has a "fishy" smell/taste. Um...DUH!

Glad you're being strong. I think about you a lot. Know that my husband's grandpa, who just passed away today, will be up there with your sweet baby until you can get there. Hugs.

Fantastagirl said...

Love the new look - especially the pic in the header - that is awesome! Love the colors and everything!

You are one talented lady!

Twitter