Sep 29, 2007

My creative side



I love being creative. I love to make my mind work to create new and interesting things. It makes me feel good down to my soul. That is why the look of my blog changes so often. That is why I love to do digital scrapbooking. Creativity soothes my soul. I love it. I love find and creating new combinations of backgrounds, and layouts and headers. I love finding new and interesting things to add.

This has lead to quite a procession of places that people have found me. All with new and interesting layouts and designs and headers and backgrounds, none ever quite good enough to stay forever.

  1. My beginnings at blog layouts were quite simple: HERE. I concentrated on trying to be very amusing and witty.

  2. After that, in September 2005, I felt the need to move along and spread my wings in a place where my whole family weren't there to watch and judge everything I said. I did struggle between my attention loving need to amuse and my need to have a place share. I erred on the side of trying to be wittyback then.

  3. Then I joined ExtraPounds and decided to blog about my weightloss struggles. But it wasn't long before my need to be creative and to design my own blog lead me to Blogger for my weightloss journey as well in July 2006.

  4. For a while, I left my blogger home, in search of greener pastures. I landed in my Bravenet home for a while.

  5. I shifted my weightloss blog there as well. While there, I shared a lot weightloss tips, recipes, and my journey too.

  6. Eventually, I came back to my blogger home it was a new layout, a new name. I like it here. It is familiar and I like being able to adjust the html code. I can make it more personal. And I felt like I was finally in a place where I was happier, I went from being baffled at what Happily Ever after was supposed to look like in my first blog, to finally feeling like I had invented my own happily ever after. I finally feel like I have some measure of control over where my life is going. And I like that. This is where I share that with you. You get a window into my life and I like it bumps, bruises and all.

  7. Along the way, my best friend who had been living with me and my family for three years moved out. It was like losing my closes confidante and I missed her terribly. We would sit and chat over coffee and together we shared out lives, our weightloss journey, our televisions shows, and our girly movies. After she was gone, I missed that. And so OUR BLOG -- Coffee Talk was born. And when I blog there, I am sharing those things with her again, and with you as well. You get to be the extra freind on the couch, cuddled up with a coffee, chatting and laughing and sharing our weight loss journey, our little things, and our weightloss journey.


So that is me, constantly changing and reinventing myself. And sometimes helping others to do the same like here and here. I even created a separate page for my blogrolls.

No comments:

Twitter