Nov 27, 2007

Household tip

I thought I would share a useful tip with you guys. I have a fondness for dressers as sources or storage. As seen in my Tackle It Tuesday post below, I have recently put one in my coat closet which has a drawer for hats and mittens, 2 drawers for bookbags and purses, and a drawer for the shoes we don't use every day. I keeps my closet looking neat and tidy all the time.
Dressers are more than just those things you keep in your room and stuff as full of your clothes as you can. They can be put in the dining room and used as a sideboard while houseing all of your linens and silver etc. They can be put in the end of a hallway and used for storing sheets. They can even be put in the living room and used to store movies. I love finding new and better ways to store things and I am really pleased with how much neater changing the use of dressers has made my life.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girlfriend! I knew we had a lot in common. I tend to be a "reuse" furniture gal myself. I'm also one who LOVES dressers. All those drawers to corral things! Love it.

Anyway, great tip! (I wrote an article about reusing dressers like sometime early this year I think on families.com)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip, I actually did something similar to that in my daughter's closet... it has a bookshelf with (some) books, but also baskets that hold hats, or toys, I love it in there.

Crafty Mom said...

I love the idea of using a dresser in a closet to hold shoes, hats, and gloves! What a great idea!

I currently have one that house my sewing machine, fabric, and sewing supplies. It sits in the dining room and no one's the wiser!

Anonymous said...

I love all kinds of storage solutions! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I love using drawers as storage too. Great tip!!

Anonymous said...

Hey this is the way most of my house works. If it's empty and I need to stash something...in it goes. It takes a little while to find things again though.

Twitter