Nov 2, 2007

Some days . . .

I had a rough day yesterday at work. I can't tell you how badly it went. I won't go into details, but I will tell you I ended up going home with heart palpitations. I wasn't even certain, I wanted to stay. I put so much pressure on myself to be perfect, to do everything perfect that when I really fall short of that I can't deal with it.

I have been having heart palipations at work lately anyway, sometimes so badly that I have to get up and go take a quick break.

I want to badly to tell them to take their ridiculous rules, their stupid little details that cause them to tell me I am the best worker they have there but I still failed my evaluation. I FAILED not once but TWICE. Little Miss I gotta get everything perfect FAILED!! I get so upset, I can't breath, my heart starts to race and all I can hear in my head is the incessant chant, "I FAILED! I FAILED . . . I FAILED . . . I FAILED . . . I FAILED . . . " I am so stressed, I didn't sleep well, I had 2 bad dreams, and I had pains in my chest a couple of times. This sucks.

5 comments:

Askazombiehousewife said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Askazombiehousewife said...

Maybe you should look for another job
I mean don't quit till you hsve something better lined up

Notsosnowwhite said...

First of all young lady...lol... NO ONE said you had to be perfect and you shouldnt feel that you have to be. Secondly, I DO NOT want my friend to have a heart attack, or some serious other medical problem due to this stupid job.. remember to take care of yourself first, and everything else will take care of itself.

Cory said...

Sorry things aren't going so well. Just remember that you don't have to be perfect. No one is, and they don't expect you to be. You may want to consider a trip to your doctor if this keeps up, and possibly look for a different job if things stay bad. There's no reason to let something as silly as a job get to you so badly. (Not to say that jobs are useless or anything.. LOL)

Anonymous said...

Did they say why you didn't pass the evaluation? Why the contradictions? Hang in there!

Twitter