Nov 12, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday (30 day Challenge update)

Tackle It Tuesday Meme


It's Tackle It Tuesday, again and I thought I would share with you what has been going through my mind. When I was working, my house lost a lot of it's organization and now that I am home I am going to really make it my goal to get this house back in tip top condition. So in that spirit, I have decided to use the 30 day Organizing Challenge as a reason to organize a lot of my house. I have increased my list from just my room to the following:

1. My room
2. Linen closet
3. Coat closet
4. Kitchen
5. Princess's room

The original pictures can be located here: 30 day Challenge

I will use Tackle it Tuesday to update my progress on the project.

I have gotten started on a lot of projects. The biggest one, is my kitchen. I do wish I had gotten a better before shot of my kitchen as a whole, because the biggest difference is how much large it looks now. My plan was to make better use of my lower cupboards by condensing things and putting them in zones. Thus, freeing up the two large shelves to use in my room organization project. I put all the appliances in the little cupboard next too my stove. I put all the pots in the stove drawer and in the little cupboard on the other side of the drawer. I put all the plastic containers and sandwich bags and such in the corner cupboard and I put all the extra food storage in one side of the other lower cupboard with the other side being reserved for serving dishes and mixing bowls. I removed the large shelves from the cubby hole and replaced them with one little shelf next to the oven. The overall effect is that the kitchen seems 10 x's larger. I will get a picture the overall after appearance tomorrow. For now here are the pics I have. :



BEFORE:






AFTER












8 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

Everything has a place, as it should. I love when my house is like this, and it drives me nuts when it gets all messy - but when you work 40+ hrs a week - that happens.

Unknown said...

What a terrific organization project.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great idea...I really need to do something different about my cabinets in the kitchen too...horribly unorganized! What ever would June Cleaver say?!

a. said...

great job!! i would love to have my kitchen be this organized!!!! way to go!!!

jennyr said...

always nice to have a clean and organized cabinets/pantry! great job!

~michelle pendergrass said...

You did a LOT of work!!! Great tackle!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a productive day! Isn't it a great feeling?

Ter said...

Good luck!

I am working on my basement but in the process of working on the basement I'm noticing other parts of my house are getting a bit more organized too.

Now if only my job didn't get in my way of getting organizing done!

Twitter