May 21, 2008

29 Weeks

I had my OB appointment today. I liked him. He put me on Calcium to help combat the start of high blood pressure like I had with Princess. I almost laughed as the one thing I crave is dairy products. I am pretty sure my little one is getting plenty of Calcium! LOL I only gained 3 1/2 lbs in the last month so that isn't bad. It is the most I have gained in any one month since I have been pg but it is still within normal range. I got my blood sugar tested today as well. I am pretty sure it will be fine. I am sick from the test now though.

You are 29 weeks pregnant.


At this point in your pregnancy, your baby's crown-to-rump length is approximately 10.4 inches and the total length of your baby is around 16.7 inches. Your baby weighs about 2.7 pounds and continues to grow every day. If you measure from your bellybutton, your uterus is 3.5 to 4 inches above it. Total weight gain at this point is usually between 19 and 25 pounds.

3D sonogram of a fetus in week 29

Babies that are born prematurely can be very tiny. Even a baby that is only a few weeks early can be very small. Your baby will grow rapidly from now until week 36, and then at a slower rate thereafter. Generally, boys weigh more than girls at birth. The average baby's birth weight at full term is 7 to 7.5 pounds.

You might notice some leakage of colostrums from your breasts around this time. Colostrums is a sticky, watery substance that provides your baby's first food if you choose to breastfeed. Milk does not come in immediately after delivery and colostrums is high in calories and enough for your baby's first few days of life. Your baby is stimulating the production of colostrums. The baby's body is ensuring that there will be a readily available food supply after delivery.

Your baby will continue to open and close his eyes in the womb and may be able to see silhouettes of objects or even people in the right amount of light. Your baby should be moving many times throughout the day. Some of your baby's movements will be predictable and if you notice a decrease in fetal movements, you should lie down and do a fetal kick count. You should feel your baby move approximately ten times in an hour. If you do not notice the proper amount of movements, you should contact your healthcare provider.

Research has shown that your baby is not only able to hear, but also able to recognize your own voice. This shows that your baby can already learn, remember and recognize.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

none of yo know what your talking about....

Unknown said...

just kidding love ya. bye...

Twitter