May 28, 2008

30 Weeks!

I am 30 weeks today. I am feeling pretty good all things considered. I have a nasty cold that won't go away, I walk like a penguin and I am constantly running to the bathroom to go pee, but other than that, I am doing great. I love feeling my baby inside me all the time. I am hoping to get my 3 hr glucose test tomorrow. Wish me luck.



You are 30 weeks pregnant



You may feel as if you have been pregnant forever at this point. It might be hard to imagine being pregnant for another ten weeks, but your baby still has a lot of growing and developing to do! By this time, your baby's crown-to-rump length is a little over 10.8 inches and the total length of your baby is about 17 inches! Your baby weighs about 3 pounds now. Your uterus can be felt about 4 inches above your bellybutton. Your uterus, baby, placenta and the amount of fluid will get larger over the next ten weeks. You should be gaining about a pound a week at this time.


Because you are getting larger, you are probably becoming slower and clumsier. You should try to be careful to avoid dangerous falls. Good posture when sitting and standing can help you feel better during your pregnancy. You also should be rolling over on your side to get up after lying down because your muscles have stretched to accommodate your growing uterus.


Even though your baby is cushioned by the amniotic fluid, she can feel and respond to pain. Your baby now does `practice breathing` to get ready for life outside of your womb. If you have an ultrasound at this time, you will be able to see this. If your baby swallows amniotic fluid down the wrong passage, she will still get hiccups that are noticeable by you. If your baby were born at this time, she would be able to keep herself warm.


The skin begins to smoothen as fat deposits accumulate underneath. The fat insulates and is an energy source.

No comments:

Twitter