May 29, 2008

Thursday Thirteen









Thirteen Things I am priviledged enough to get in the third trimester of this pg.


  1. Backaches. I swear there are days, I walk like a crippled penguin, I sound a hundred and one when I get off the couch and I need a crane to turn over in bed.

  2. Shortness of breath. I get winded walking up the stairs (which is lovely when I am hurrying to go potty on time)

  3. Heartburn. I lay down and immediately start to get heartburn.

  4. Breast growth. God blessed me quite well when the breast fairy came to call but I am starting to wonder if this is some kind of joke at this point.

  5. Frequent urination. I run as fast as I can up the stairs to go pee so often that I am thinking of just moving in there. It would save on laundry.

  6. Weight gain. I know that the doctor says I am doing okay in this department, but I can't help but wonder how long exactly it will take me to get some semblance of a shape back.

  7. Hip Pain. Sore hips and pelvis are becoming a normal part of my day, especially at night.

  8. Sciatica. OUCH!!! Need I say more?

  9. Fatigue. I nap all the time. If I am sitting down, there is a strong possibility I will soon be napping, and snoring is a new torture I am forcing Prince Charming to deal with.

  10. Bad Dreams. I have at least one ot two bad dreams every night. They are becoming so much a part of my routine that I don't even remember them

  11. Nesting. I have this strong desire to get my house in order. Now if only I could get my body to cooperate.

  12. Nervousness. Despite the fact that I have come so far in this pg, I am still nervous that something will go wrong.

  13. More and More movement from the baby, deepening connection with my baby. As I feel her kick me harder, react stronger to her environment, I love her a little more every day. As the previous 12 things show this pregnancy thing is not at all glamorous, and when I glow it is probably because I am sweating from running up the stairs to pee for the 50th time but I love every minute that I get to spend with my baby. Every time she kicks, I feel a happiness that I could never hope to explain and I remember why I am putting up with the first 12 things in the first place.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

No comments:

Twitter