Jun 29, 2008

Sunday Stuff

Today I plan to finish the nursery, I am so glad. Prince Charming has promised that he will put up the crib today. I will take pics when it is finished. Even now, with all that I have done, every time I pass by her nursery, I stop and look inside with a little feeling of satisfaction. It is going to be such a sweet place just for her.

I went shopping yesterday to get some groceries and let me tell you, these days dragging this big ole' belly around the grocery store is about as much as I can take before I am DONE for the day. I was standing in line and the lady behind me says, "You must be so exhausted. I am exhausted just looking at you. When I had my daughter, I carried her all out in front like that too." I smiled and we chatted for a moment. It was nice of her to mention it. And truthfully, I don't realize until I go out exactly how huge in front this belly is. All of our mirrors end at my shoulders so when I pass a full-length mirror I get little shock. LOL.

I will admit that I am getting a bit anxious for the end now. I don't want to wish it away, but I so want to hold my baby, to know that she is really here, that I really get to love her and hold her. I want to know that this is not all some dream and that this big gigantic belly really holds the baby that I have dreamed of for so many years.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always nice when people tell you how fat you are during pregnancy, isn't it?! *sigh*

Just take care of yourself and just do a little at a time.

AudreyO said...

I'm laughing so hard. I was 107 when I got married. I was about 140at the end of the pregnanacy. I had folks telling me daily how much weight I'd gained. Not nice to tell a very hormonal woman what her body looks like.

Congrats on the upcoming birth :)

Anonymous said...

I rememeber those end weeks, when you are just DONE with being pregnant! All you want is to hold that baby!!! ... Yes, I remember...

Twitter