Aug 28, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #61

Thirteen Things Twisted Cinderella has thought since having a new baby
  1. I have way more clothes for this age than Princess Mag-pie could possibly wear before she outgrows them. In this light, I am making an effort to not wear anything twice until she has gotten through them all. This makes no sense at all but it is a fun little project for me.
  2. Everything will take a lot longer, including blogging as I have stop in the middle of whatever I am doing to care for my girls. Housework is a lot more work than it used to be. I have had to learn to let go more and realize that spending time caring for my girls is so much more important than sweeping the floor right now.
  3. Kids grow waaaay to fast. In an effort to capture every moment I find myself taking LOTS of pics and cuddling so much more. I know how quickly they go from big gummy grins to losing their first teeth. In the blink of an eye my daughter went from dancing to elmo on Treehouse to watching Prank Patrol on YTV, from shopping in the baby section to shopping in the big girl section and I am just not ready for Princess Mag-pie to grow that fast.
  4. Getting Princess Belle to help is the best thing I could do. It may seem like I am being lazy in getting her to run and fetch things for the baby and I, but it makes her feel connected. In turn, she loves to kiss on and hold the baby.
  5. I have to let go, it is good for Princess Belle to be able to (under supervision) hold her sister. It is good for Prince Charming to find his way in dealing with the baby. Even though Princess Mag-pie and I seem to know our way, we need to let the others in the family find their way too.
  6. Don't get so busy taking care of things and your kids that you forget to connect with them. It is fine to be tired, but it takes no effort to look at your baby and talk to her while you are feeding her or take a few minutes to play tea with Princess Belle.
  7. Take time to get out of the house. I know that I tend to want to hibernate, even more so now as I am more tired than I used to be.
  8. There are so many things I want to imprint on my memory. The way that Princess Mag-pie lifts her chin and puffs out her cheeks as she stretches, the way she throws one and arm and foot like she is trying to fight when she is upset, and the way that she must grab a handful of my shirt when she cuddles me, or the little sound she makes when she yawns.
  9. Princess made up her first joke that made sense. She met Notsosnowwhite's boyfriend and used his name in the joke. It was a silly pun and it was cute.
  10. There is something nice about sitting up in the middle of the night and cuddling with your baby, both of you tired, but connecting in the silence as the rest of the world sleeps. It is special and I love it.
  11. It will take time to get back into my prepregnancy clothes and I need to have patience. I am working hard and I will get there. I just need to be patient.
  12. I was a LOT more scared in the beginning of my c-section than I thought I would be. I was laying there in terror of all the things that could go wrong, scared of the unknown.
    But it went well. I healed fast. I would not be scared to have another.
  13. Certain things are invaluable. A good swaddling blanket. She is growing so fast I found myself scrambling last night to find a blanket that she still fit in while swaddled so that she would go to sleep. And while she is asleep, I need a quiet door I can open just to easy a paranoid mom's mind that she is indeed still breathing and okay.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

3 comments:

Joyce said...

It sounds like you really enjoy your little blessings. :)

Munchkins and Music said...

Your blog is really cute! I love the theme!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about all of the clothes. I am going through the same thing with mine and she's not even here yet!

Twitter