Sep 16, 2008

Princess Belle



It has been a crazy day today. I got up and hit the floor running. I got my big girl off on the bus to school and then got my little one ready and headed to get some errands done. After I was done, I came home, put away groceries and then left again to have a meeting with Princess Belle's Teacher and Principal.

That meeting was eventful. I had some concerns myself that I have mentioned that I feel she has ADHD. Well, the teacher and Principal have concerns as well. There is a big concern with her impulse control. She is a good girl, friendly, outgoing and smart, but she has no ability at all to control her impulses. As soon as she thinks of doing something, she is doing it and you can't stop her. They are concerned that she may be a danger to herself in that she has attempted to leave school grounds (when asked she said that she just wanted to keep playing outside). She is constantly moving, running, going. She doesn't walk down the stairs, she hops. She isn't sitting in her chair, she is jumping, banging her feet, wiggling, tapping, moving. She can't sit and do her work for any length of time.

One of the things they are trying to get approval for is to get this person who is already in her class assisting someone, assisting her too. It would be more to corral her than anything else but it would be a start. They are going to be running a bunch of tests, on top of us continueing to get her ADHD test done.

The Principal says that she used to teach Special Education and she has never seen a child with as strong a case of impulse control as my daughter.

I want to have my girl taken care of. I want to know what is wrong and to get her treated. I don't want her to have troubles in school. I don't want her to have troubles getting along with other kids.

I know there is something that she needs taken care of, but at the same time, I want everyone to see her as perfect and wonderful as I do. She is handful, but she is a sweet, wonderful, loving, precious handful. I love her more than life itself and I don't want life to be difficult for her. I want her to glide through with ease. I don't want her to struggle. I can't stop this for her. I can't protect her. All I can do is try to get her diagnosed and treated and hope that does what I can't.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats our belle

Anonymous said...

Alicia is like that, to a lesser degree... It seems like she is getting a little better... But for a long time I thought it was impossible for her to sit still. She always had to be moving SOMETHING. (She was my most active baby too, even when I was pregnant.) ... Funny thing is, she's the one we call Princess too!

Anonymous said...

I think that since you've caught it early and the school seems more than willing to work with her to meet her needs, everything will be great! :)

Twitter