Feb 6, 2009

Spin Cycle: LOVE

small cycle

This week the topic is all about LOVE. This one is easy for me. I feel like these days, my life is filled with love.

Whenever I lay in bed next to Prince Charming, or sit together and watch shows in the evening. I know how lucky I am to have someone in my life that I love so much and that loves me back. There is a security in that, in knowing him so well, and in him knowing me.

Whenever I hold my baby girl, I remember 5 long years of trying to get her. I remember how fast time flies by and know that she will not be a baby nearly long enough for me. Every time I pick her up, I put my cheek against her head and try to soak up the feel of her, the smell of her, the sound of her breathing. I try to imprint the feeling of her in my memory for those days when she is running full tilt and I long to hold her close but can't catch her for a cuddle. She is so sweet and cuddly and snuggly. When I look at her beautiful brown eyes, all wet with tears, smiling at me because I came to rescue her from her crib, I smile from my soul. She is such a treasure. I am constantly aware of how much I wanted her, how long I waited for her, and I am overwhelmed by the depth of the love I feel for her deep in my soul. She is a prescious treasure I had to work to get, that I had given up on getting. I know how lucky I am that I get to love her.

Whenever I go into my big girl, Princess Belle's room to wake her up in the morning, I look at how beautiful she is growing to be. She is tall, slender, with huge brown eyes and she loves nothing more than to get lots of hugs and cuddles. She is a little love sponge that just soaks up all the love you can pour into her and glows in the light of it. I love the feeling of her little hand in mine as we trudge down the stairs in the morning, to face the day together. I love how hard she works to do her reading homework, and the joy she takes in the stories. I love how she is always willing to drop what she is doing to come and give you a big hug and kiss.

She has imaginary friends. They haven't been around as much since her sister was born, and they have been reduced from four to just one, but she has one there just the same. Prince Charming called Princess Belle into the living room the other day and this is how the conversation went:

Prince Charming: "Who is Margaret?"
Princess Belle: My best friend.
Prince Charming: Who is Jasmine?
Princess Belle: My best friend.
Prince Charming: Who are Alex and Matthew
Princess Belle: My best friends.
Prince Charming: So if you have so many friends in real life, why do you need to have an imaginary friend?
Princess Belle: Well, I play with them when I am outside, at school, or at the center, but when I am up in my room, I have nobody to play with and to talk to. If I had no imaginary friends, I would just be in my room talking to myself and Daddy that would be just silly!
Prince Charming: Uumm . . . Okay then.

How can you not love a little mind that come up with logic like that?

7 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

I can feel all the love in this Spin! Nicely put! You're linked!

Laufa said...

My sons imaginary friend was Frodo from the Hobbit. He used to love the beginning of that movie, which is very magical. Plus he is a little guy who fights big things with a little sword, my boy can relate.
Lovely words for the loves of your life!!

Anonymous said...

My boys went through an imaginary friend (and pet) stage... One of the funniest things I have ever seen is watching my husband race one of Jared's "friends" across the backyard... And losing. *rofl*

Beth said...

I love conversations with kids. Their logic is so adorable.

Anonymous said...

How sweet!

My daughter had imaginary dinosaur friends. She's always got to be the different one!

beth said...

Imaginary friends are the best. Cute story.

Shangrila said...

I love this post! You really capture what it's like to hold your girls. I know what you mean about it being nice to have someone that really knows you-that's how I feel about my guy, too! Happy Valentine's Day!

Twitter