Jul 17, 2009

The backwards way my mind works.

I love to cook. When I am trying to think of something new to cook, I often sit down with a few ingredients in my mind and surf my favorite web sites to find a recipe to suit the idea I have in my head. I figure if I came up with the idea, maybe someone else did too, and they probably invented one better than I did. I sit for the longest time, surfing for recipes. And there are a lot of times I end up giving up and working with the idea that I have in my head. I laugh to Prince Charming, "Why can't they publish the recipe I have in my head?"

I realize it is silly for me to think that someone else has already invented the recipe that I have in my head, but I find myself doing again and again.

Tonight I was looking for a mexican egg casserole type idea. I couldn't find one with the ingredients that I wanted to include, so I am inventing my own recipe. Good thing I like cooking, huh?

Princess Magpie's first time on a swing

2 comments:

Julie said...

Personally, I don't really care to cook... I'm told that I cook good, but I am always glad when I am done. *lol*

http://scrapgrrl.com

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Um...maybe you should write your own cook book?!

Twitter