Jul 9, 2009

Thursday Thirteen #84 - Thankful Thursday

Thursday Thirteen
Thirteen Things that Twisted Cinderella is grateful for.

I thought that this felt like a good day to share some of the things I am thankful for. So here are some of the blessings in my life that I am forever grateful for (in the order they popped into my head):
  1. Prince Charming - I can honestly say that without him, the rest of my blessings would not exist. He is loving, fun, caring, honerable, my greatest defender and my closest friend.
  2. Princess Belle - she made me a mom. Before she came into this world, I had spent my whole life under the impression I was unable to be a mother at all. She changed my world and showed me just the depth of feeling true love brings.
  3. Princess Magpie - after five long years of trying, she came into our world with a bright sunny smile and has kept us smiling ever since. She is pure sunshine and happiness and having her convinced us to tempt fate and try our hands at being parents for a third time.
  4. Our New Arrival - coming in January to a hospital near here. This baby was hoped for, and prayed for and we never expected this little one to decide to make an appearance as soon as this. We are just so blessed that we didn't have to wait another five years!
  5. Our neighbourhood - like any neighbourhood, there are good things and bad things, but I know living here that I will never be alone. In the case of an emergency, I always know that there are quite a number of people here that I can turn to. There are community outings, and celebrations. There is a lovely community center with so many wonderful programs. And thanks to this neighbourhood, I even have my very first garden ever!
  6. Grandma Great - Not only did she bring the love of my life into this world, but she also gave me her love. She became another mother to me, one whom I could turn to for anything and who loves me unconditionally.
  7. Notsosnowwhite - She is a listening ear, a dieting companion, a big brother companion, a friend and the sister I have by choice instead of simply by chance of birth.
  8. My blogging friends - they are a source of amusement, information, support and friendship. I have met so many wonderful friends in all these years of blogging and I am so lucky to know each and every one of you.
  9. My parenting group - There is something wonderful about this group of women. We came together as new moms and grew together as friends.
  10. The health care system here - for all it has its short comings, it has saved the life of my grandmother, my best friend and my father. It is working to diagnose and me understand my beautiful daughter, Princess Belle.
  11. The Summer Sun - I have always had troubles in the winter when the sun is so seldom seen. But in the summer, when the sun warms my skin, I can feel my soul sing. It lightens my spirit and makes me feels gloriously happy. It only gets better when I get to enjoy it with my family.
  12. The Homeschooling Community - They turned the nightmare that public schooling was to me into an opportunity to love my daughter more my teaching her myself and to learn so much more about her and how her mind works. I am so glad we get to go on this journey together.
  13. Life - I am so grateful today for every aspect of my life, my family, my children, the life growing inside me, the friends that surround me, and all the joys yet to come. I am truly blessed.







6 comments:

Tasha said...

What a great TT list. You are a very blessed woman to have such great people/things in your life!

Bitter Sweet Moments said...

What a great list. Congrats on your new arrival:)

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel about Prince Charming. I'd be hurting without mine.

Mine is here.

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet post. Great list! Happy T13.

Anonymous said...

It's always nice to remember to stop and count your blessings! :D

Michelle said...

Beautiful list. I didnt realize we were due so close to each other. now, I want you to webcam your birth for me...

Twitter