Jan 31, 2010

A great place to be

I am loving being a mom to three girls. It is fun to see the dynamic between them all. Princess Belle is a delightful big sister. She is devoted to both of her baby sisters and loves to be of help as much as she can.

Princess Magpie, gets a little jealous and needs to be cuddled when she is feeling left out but a mommy can never get too many cuddles so that really doesn't bother me. She is of the age that any bump or knock can be fixed with a great big hug and a kiss. She always comes running when she sees me feeding Princess Sleeps-a-lot so that she can give her a kiss on the head or the toe or whatever part of Princess Sleeps-a-lot's anatomy she happens to be able to reach.

Princess Sleeps-a-lot has been the perfect final addition to our family. She is so different than her sisters; dark to their lightness, small, dainty, a strawberry angioma birthmark on her belly, and eyes of some ever-changing mystery color that we can't seem to be able to narrow down.

I sometimes find myself staring at my girls, looking around my mostly untidy home filled with toys, clutter and love and laughter and feeling so darned lucky. I know that everything I ever dreamed of has come true. As a kid, I never dreamed of riches. I dream instead of having three children, a comfortable home, and husband that I love. I couldn't ask for more. I am even content with the knowledge that this is my last baby. As surprising as it is, it feels right. Now, I know I will be sad as she moves past each milestone, knowing that I will never get to experience this again and I want her to stay little as long as possible. I expect that. But as I look at the two smallest members of our family and remember how long we had to wait for them both. I look at Princess Magpie's shiny, excited, laughing face, I watch Princess Belle playing chase with her as gales of laughter ring through the air and I am just so happy. I sit in the darkness, cuddling and feeding Princess Sleeps-a-lot at 5 in the morning and I am completely content (tired but content).

It took a lot to get here, but this is a great place to be.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I am so happy for you and your royal family. Your daughters are beautiful and I'm so glad to hear that all is relatively well, aside from the usuals. Welcome back, you have been missed! :)

Julie said...

Sounds like you're in a good spot in your life... So happy to hear that! :)

http://scrapgrrl.com

Crazy Working Mom said...

*sigh*

I can so relate to this post! ;)

Twitter