Feb 11, 2010

On my way to a new me


I am having so much fun looking for and inventing for recipes to suit my new way of eating. I can feel it making me feel better and that is so motivating. I cheated a little the other day when I went into town for my Doctor's appointment and I could feel it effecting me right away. It was a great reminder as to why I am doing this. I am trying to transition away from coffee now. I know it effects me negatively and I need to move towards something that doesn't bother my stomach. I have been drinking a LOT of it lately. So today in my efforts to move away from it again (I had given it up almost entirely for about 3 years while I was having and trying to have my two youngest girls), I was rewarded with a headache. I was hoping to avoid the caffeine withdrawal headache, but there it is. It is still SOOOO worth it.

I have found lots of recipes that I think even my family will want to try. They have been sampling my foods as it is and they have been liking them. If you want to check them out, they are the vegetarian recipes I have been posting lately on my diet blog (not the weight watchers ones)

I have been feeling so good lately that I have even starting doing little things that make me happy. I get dressed every day (instead of sitting around in my jammies most of the day which I have been doing since I had the baby). I do my hair every day. I even wear earings sometimes. At some point, I will even buy makeup and start wearing that sometimes too, but I feel human again.

4 comments:

Emily said...

It's always good to get back in the groove. What a cutie pie that baby is!

Julie said...

A couple years ago we lost power for 26 hours... It went OK at first, until the neighbor's house caught fire... That SCARED THE KIDS TO DEATH! It was hard keeping them calm after that...

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Julie said...

That comment went on the wrong post... How did that happen? *lol*

Lisa said...

Glad to see you are getting back into things. Another trick to make yourself feel good is to paint your finger and toe nails too!!! The girls are all beautiful and growing. Will be keeping track of how everything is going!! Enjoy your weekend.

Twitter