Feb 26, 2010

Schooling update

After weeks at home, we got word from the school board that the our permission to homeschool was in the wrong district (due to our move) and that they are "insisting" that we are sending her back to school until we complete the process again for this school board. My poor girl has been back in school for while and it has been horrible. The stress is impossible for her. Her Aspergers has been made even more clear in her behavior as she gets more and more stressed. And with all that we are dealing with to keep her there, she isn't even doing all the work. She hasn't done math once since she got back. She refuses and they can't make her or coax her. I get the feeling that they are just concentrating on keeping her quiet and non-disruptive. They are not as interested in actually educating her as I am.

She has cried on several occasions that she just wants to be home. She doesn't want to be going there. She wants me to be teaching her to be helping her. I feel like I failed her in sending her back. And since she has been back, there have been endless temper tantrums, endless episodes, endless stress and it is all because I sent her back to school. I am such an idiot not to trust my own feelings on this. UGH

She is going to be home as soon as I can get permission. And I will be applying for the remainder of this year as well as for next year. I am SO DONE with putting my girl through the public school system.

3 comments:

Notsosnowwhite said...

that is so crazy... i think if u got the go ahead to homeschool in ur old kingdom, that should stand in ur new kingdom.... they are all in our province ....stupid.... poor kid

Cory said...

Oh, your poor little girl! I feel so sorry for both of you. It is horrible that the school isn't even trying to help her. I hope you get permission to bring her home soon!

Julie said...

Poor little sweetie!!! ... I can't believe everything you have to go through, to be able to homeschool. It sounds like a nightmare!

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Twitter