Feb 16, 2010

UGH

Well to quote my oldest child, "Today was the worst day ever!" . . . . Okay . . . maybe not that bad, but it was bad. And bruises and minor scares aside, my oldest child broke my heart a little. She burst into tears and begged not to go back to school. She cried that she always promises her teacher that she will try to be a good girl but every day she is bad and gets punished. She was heartbroken and sobbing. She asked what was wrong with her, what disease she has and she begged to get a needle to make it all go away. My child who is terrified of needles, who has to be held down to get them, asked for a needle (the worst thing she can think of) to make herself feel better. I am so sorry for her. She begged to homeschooled again. She begged not to back to school. She begged me to teach her again. I felt so helpless. The board of education has told us that we need to start the process all over again now that we have moved. Now that she is in school, is it worth taking her out to finish this year or should I wait until September. She just breaks me heart so bad. This parenting thing is tough sometimes.

4 comments:

Julie said...

That is so sad. :(

If it were me, I would start the process asap. I don't think it would be bad to pull her out before the end of the year, especially since she is so young still.

Julie said...

Aww..that breaks my heart. I would probably pull her out simply because she is so miserable. *hugs*

Tasha said...

Thats so sad. She is such a smart little girls she shouldn't have to cry because she dislikes something so much. Praying for you!

Notsosnowwhite said...

poor thing... it must be so rough for her right now i wish was there to give her a hug

Twitter