Feb 10, 2010

When Darkness Falls


Well, it was an interesting day here in my little cabin in the woods. Someone hit a pole and the whole area lost their power. I'll tell you how small the area is . . . one pole went down and around 7 communities were left in the dark and even then I would say less than 1000 people were affected!!


It was out for six hours and that was fun at our house. I had just put supper to slow roast in the oven for the family and was looking up something low-fat vegetarian to make for myself when the house went dead silent. It was okay during the day (other than we had no water), the kids played and I cleaned. After I was done cleaning, I sat reading a novel. But then it started to get cold, and it got dark, the kids got freaked out, and we had to be creative. We sorted it out and when it came on Princess Belle was disappointed that her fun was over. But I have to say being without power, heat, and water was just no fun for me.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

I try to turn the TV off everyday after the morning chores are done to make the kids get creative..Otherwise they sit in front of the TV all day...Glad your power is back on

kewkew said...

I can completely understand. Our power used to go out quite a bit. They have gotten better recently, but there are still times it goes out, and winter is the worst for that of course.
Just wanted to let you know that your post was randomly selected to be featured on Throwback Thursday Blog-Style this week. Thanks for participating and I can't wait to see what you share this week.

Twitter