Mar 14, 2010

Sunday Seven

  1. Something about homeschooling makes me feel more like being organized. I keep on top of some things more, I am more motivated to do so. It is funny because I am busier, have more to do and less time to do them in, but I like to be in there doing it.
  2. Prince Charming's Uncle is going to be buried on Tuesday. It has been so hard these last couple of days.
  3. I am working on different ways of disciplining Princess Belle. I always try to be motivated by love not by frustration, but I am working even harder on that. Sometimes when she is stressed, she becomes even harder to deal with and she can be quite frustrating, but she is a good girl, who has Aspergers. She deserves to know just how much we love her and how much we believe in her.
  4. She has asked to have Home Ec. (cooking) included in her homeschooling and we are going to do that. I have put it in our schedule that on some days she will help to prepare breakfast and some days she will help to prepare lunch. We have a kids cookbook that we will work from and we will be learning about kitchen safety, reading recipes, measuring ingredients, and cleaning up after ourselves. I think it will be good for her and fun for both of us.
  5. Princess Sleeps-a-lot slept 5 hours in a row last night. I was so glad to get a little extra sleep. She is NOT a long sleeper usually, she likes to wake up and snack often. She does that during the day too. The doctor asked us to make sure she ate three ounces every time she ate when she got home from the hospital. She STILL doesn't do that. She eats about 2 or 2 1/2 ounces but she wakes up to eat all the time. Forcing her to eat more only makes her sick. She is gaining weight, so refuse to worry about it.
  6. I am working on getting my house organized one room at a time. I have to get at Princess Belle's room, but I am putting it off. *hangs head in shame* She is just SOOO distructive and messy in her room, I get intimidated when I think of attacking it. I do plan on removing some things from her room to see if that will help to keep it more organized.
  7. Princess Magpie is a sneaky, quick, picky fingers expert. She will grab something before you finish putting it down. I came up with an idea to keep her out of our books, I put a shelf of kids books down where she could get them. Once the kids books were down there, she had no motivation to get at ours. #Autism


1 comment:

Julie said...

Home-Ec is a good class to add! She will learn things that will help her for life. :)

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Twitter