Jul 25, 2010

Content


I am loving living here. It is so nice to have my best friend in town. To know that there is a chance of her and her White Knight stopping by at any time just for a visit and a taste of whatever is on the stove is so nice. It is like living near family. But living near family you want to live by.

Princess Belle gets beside herself with excitement every time she comes to visit. Princess Magpie and Princess Snifflefritz get the opportunity to know and love her like the rest of us do.

There is a festival here in town next week. I love that I am going to take my girls out to see things, to do things, to just spend a few days enjoying ourselves.

I haven't yet taken the kids to the park down the road or to the fabulous library here in town. They will love that I am sure. Princess Belle has been spending a little less time with her imaginary friends, she hasn't been destructive at all, she hasn't even wet the bed since we got here. I am so proud of her. It goes to show that when she is content, she is better. It also goes to show just how miserable she was where we used to live.

I was proud of Prince Charming yesterday. He got a call from someone from home. And they were going on again about how Princess Belle just needed more discipline and that we shouldn't have moved just to make her happy, that with a firmer hand she would have adapted. He informed them in no uncertain terms that she DIDN'T need a firmer hand. That she has a disability and that insisting she think like everyone else was like insisting a child in a wheelchair get up and walk. It can't happen and it isn't fair to ask. I was so proud of him for standing up for her. My children are my life and if one of my children is so completely miserable that she is withdrawing into herself and becoming destructive, then something needs to change. I want happy, healthy, well-adjusted kids and I firmly believe that we will be able to do that here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great news that she is adapting well, And if your happy, it makes here even more happy. Enjoy your Sunday.

Nathalie St-Pierre Roths said...

This is nice to see that you love your house and living close to the ones you love.

Angel said...

Love the house :) Good luck getting all unpacked!!

Just an Average American Mom said...

I have two awards waiting for you over at my blog. Stop by and pick them up.

Twitter