Aug 4, 2010

Good Day

We had a great first day of homeschool. We did fun crafts, a collage, a Venn diagram, and just generally celebrated our first day back to school. I took some great pics too, but I STILL can't find my camera cord, so I can't share them right now. Princess Belle loved her first day and is looking forward to getting to work too.

The map of Newfoundland I put up in her room has really broadened her understanding of geography. She was even putting pins in it of places she had lived. I love how the light bulb just went off and she finally got it. Geography has been a hard spot with her. She couldn't understand how we could live in Gander, but also Newfoundland, and also Canada, and also North America. The map finally made it clear to her when for some reason other maps haven't in the past.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Glad you had a good first day!

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Rose DesRochers said...

Glad the first day back was good. School goes back there earlier than here.

Twitter