Sep 6, 2010

Ramblings from a Mommy's Muddled Mind



It is amazing to me how every time one of my babies starts a new stage, I feel like I am doing this for the first time too. You would think that by the time I am on my third child, I would have this down pat, but I don't. I worry just as much that she is doing okay. I still worry about the big transitions, like from mushy foods to solid foods. And I worry about my toddler, how the heck to I start potty training her? Is she ready?

I want to do what is best by my kids and in a lot of ways, I am a lot more relaxed than I was with my older child, but in some ways I am less flexible. I find that no matter how much I think I have it down, my children throw me for a curve. They are all just so different and so the techniques I developed for one, doesn't work for the next.

Princess Snifflefritz has tongue issues and she is a PICKY eater. She spits out the foods that don't meet up with her approval and she has issues with working her tongue. She always has. We had to learn together how to work around it with bottles and we had to work around it with baby food, so will it make solid foods more difficult, or will solid foods be easier for her. I just don't know. I want to start her on softer finger foods to see how she does, but which ones do I start with. I just don't know.


I found my way through this before, I know I will again. I think motherhood is a journey you and your child go on together and together you find a way through childhood that fits you both.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I hear you! ... The only way I could get Amanda to eat baby food was if she was sitting on my lap, and even then she would only take a few different kinds... When she was old enough, she loved table foods. *lol*

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Twitter