Nov 10, 2010

Vacuum Adventures

Our new house has carpet in the living room, classroom and hallway (hardwood everywhere else). Our last few houses haven't had carpet anywhere and our kids have had no experience with vacuum cleaners at all. So tonight when I pulled out our brand new vacuum cleaner to do the carpet, I expected the worst. They are all so sensitive to new things and loud sounds so I expected the very loud vacuum cleaner to be accompanied by much tears and waterworks. Boy was I wrong. They loved it. They ran from it, pretending it was going to get their toes. They giggled and chased it. They were too funny and the tears didn't start until I put it away.

On a sidenote, there is something very satisfying about vacuuming. Watching it suck up all the crumbs and little bits of junk that the kids have all over the carpet. Watching my messy carpet become pristine with one stroke of Twisted Cinderella's magic wand. I really liked it. Especially doing it while my dishwasher was cleaning the supper dishes. Aaahh, I love a life where machines clean my house for me.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

LOL...I was feeling blessed LAST NIGHT that I dont have to vacuum anymore. All sweeping and mopping all the time. LOVING it.

Julie said...

My kids are so used to the vacuum, that they have always ignored it. *lol* ... Of course, now they are big enough to do it for me. ;)

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Twitter