Dec 13, 2010

I am worried

I am worried about Princess Snifflefritz and about more than her eating habits (or the lack thereof). She is my dolly baby. She is my littlest baby and I don't mind her staying younger longer, but I am worried that there is something wrong with her. We are taking her in to see a doctor. I have been somewhat worried for a while, I knew that she wasn't doing things that other kids her age were doing, but then I read this website, "Warning signs of a physical developmental delay". And I realized that there are things that she should have done by 7 - 9 months that she isn't doing now at almost 12 months. And every item in the 12 months section is true for her. What could be causing this?? My poor little baby ends up in tears everytime we feed her solid food, doesn't bear weight on her legs, can't sit by herself, doesn't really crawl and when she does she crawls lopsided, pushing off with one leg while dragging the other leg, and can't stand with support. She is such a sweet, smilely, baby girl. I want her to grow up as perfect as she will always be in my eyes.


3 comments:

Julie said...

Amanda was late in her development too. She didn't crawl (AT ALL) until she was 13 months, and didn't walk until she was 21 months. But she seems just fine now... I hope Snifflefritz will be too!!!!!

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Alina said...

Taking her to the doctor is always a good idea especially for your peace of mind, but other than that I wouldn't worry too much. The developmental milestones are just guidelines, and a lot of kids labeled as 'developmentally delayed' are just on the tail end of the normal spectrum. My now almost 7 year old was exactly as you describe and now she is well ahead of her peers in almost every aspect - except for size, she is still as small as a pea. Best of luck and I'll keep on following your girls' progress :)

lintonbrat said...

While it could be just normal lateness, the symptoms with food would worry me and I would get it checked out. Look into possible metabolic disorders, they can cause delays along with digestive issues.

Twitter