Dec 16, 2010

Princess Belle's new curriculum

I ordered Princess Belle's new curriculum. I was going to order A Beka but I had so much difficulty in trying to set up an account for Canada and place an order that I got frustrated and gave up and started looking for somewhere that I could find a curriculum shipped from Canada. I kept getting transferred from one department to the other and back again. Nobody seemed to know how to place an order for Canada, nobody new how to process my order. So through my web search, I found an awesome website: http://www.canadianhomeeducation.com/ and ordered Alpha Omega LifePacs. I was really excited to realize that for an extra $8 for the whole order I could get everything I was going to get from A Beka as well as the teacher's guide for each subject designed to help direct the student's learning according to his/her specific interests and needs. It includes teaching notes for each unit, a complete answer key, and information about additional resources and learning activities.

It took me seconds to place my order on-line. Because it was my first time ordering, the order said that they would contact me for payment information. I expected to hear from them sometime in the next few days, or I would call them myself. But within minutes of placing my order, someone called me and made arrangements. The customer service was impeccable. I am so completely impressed I can't even express it!

I did some googling to see what people thought of Alpha Omega LifePacs and all the reviews I read were positive and full of information that made me even more confident in my decision. And the fact that it is shipped from within the country means that shipping is less and hopefully quicker. I can't wait to get it and get started!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I used the Alpha Omega Lifepacs for Jared in both K5 and 1st grade. It was really nice. The only thing I didn't like is that the teacher books didn't have specific lesson plans in the 1st grade (while they did for K5). All it said was that each of the 10 workbooks should take 3-4 weeks to complete. So I had to figure out what we were doing each day, etc. (We did them in 3 weeks) ... But, when the school year was done and Jared was tested, he did VERY well on all his tests... Who knows, after all these years, the teacher books may have lesson plans in them now. (We used them in 2003 and 2004)

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Twitter