Jan 29, 2011

Getting it off my chest


The winter is getting to me these days. I am feeling isolated and blue. I miss my friends in St. John's. I miss my family that I haven't seen in years. I miss trudging up the hill to the center to visit with other moms. I love my girls and Prince Charming, but the last few days I have been feeling blue. I can't keep my house clean for more than a few minutes. I tell myself that it is a necessary evil of the joy of having three beautiful girls, but I don't remember my mom ever letting the house get the way that I can't seem to get it out of.

I need better storage solutions. I need more space. I need to have a place to go when I want to visit and chat. It is cold and snowy and dreary and I want to go out with my girls to a park and have a picnic or to take them to the splash park, or to have a barbecue and get to know my neighbors. I can feel it creeping into our homeschool too. I know I have less patience than I should. I am not the kind of teacher I want to be. I want to skip past this year and get to the new waldorf-inspired curriculum I have planned for next year to see if that helps us as much as I think it will. I guess I just want to get out of today and skip ahead a few months to warm weather at least. Maybe I won't feel so isolated and alone at that point.

There you go, it is a pretty depressing post, but I have been feeling that way for a few days and I just wanted to get it out there and maybe shake it off a little too.

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I totally understand how you feel. (hugs)

Cory said...

I get it. It's understandable.

Justme said...

I too, know exactly how you feel. *hugs*

Stephanie said...

I have 3 also and the messes are made faster than I can clean them. And we are only doing preschool at home. You are a wonderful involved mom and your kids will remember the love and attention more than mess. :)

Twitter