Jan 19, 2011

I love . . .

A great way I have found to review what we covered today in homeschooling is to get her to go upstairs to Daddy after we are finished and brag to him about all the stuff she learned. He and I ask her questions and she gets excited and tells him all the stuff she remembers. This is a great way to reinforce her learning for the day!

I love the sound of my two little ones (aged 2 1/2 and 1) giggling together down the hall. I love that even at this age, they enjoy each other so much. I can just tell that they are going to be good friends. When I was pregnant with my baby girl, I remember dreaming about the days when she and Princess Magpie would be playing together, enjoying each other and I just love the sound of their baby giggles.





4 comments:

Julie said...

I'm love listening to my kids play together too. I'm glad that the boys are close, and the girls are close. Built in playmates! :)

http://scrapgrrl.com

Susan Evans said...

Happily chatting about what she learned... this is what Charlotte Mason calls "oral narration," and it is an outstanding activity for the retention of what she has learned. Well done!

Jenny said...

Great idea to have her "recall" what she's learned!

How cute that the two youngest enjoy playing together!

Loving learning at Home said...

You have such beautiful children. Love the idea of telling Dad what they have learned. Unfortunately, my kids usually say "nothing" when Daddy asks what they did today. LOL Thanks for visiting my blog!

Twitter